xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tuddy

Ooh!..cadets :d Come take alook, and help please..

OK, I am in the Australian air Force Cadets and as lovely as my computer skills are, i'm not the best on wed design and so forth...

Take alook HERE, for my 'Units' website for which i am the webmaster. I'm getting better at layout concepts.

Problem being that these sites can only be made using like a web builder that was designed for us (Australian Defence Force Cadets), so i am alittle restricted on what i can do, but any general comments would be helpful.

I'm looking for how the site would look to someone who is coming in for a look not knowing how we are or anything and looking for general information, and not get distracted by colours and layout, long story short, how to improve it visually, to make it inviting.

Thanks heaps,

Good colors, its visually appeasing. But the blank space under the banner and beside the pics is bland, you need to either get rid of it or put something in it. The scrolling up thing should be place above the welcome message, because it diverts eye attention. And in my opinion I prefer the navigation bar to be on the left not the right, but thats just my opinion. Oh and your news, you should reveal more of the story instead of just one sentence'ish. Hmm... a fixed width might be good for the site. Overall its good and appealing, you just need more content ^^.

Thanks Yipster, Its what i thought someone would say that about the scrolling and blank areas, and maybe just get rid of them. I thought maybe they wouldn;t be that bad. but i got a few comments about. :D mmm...Do you have a suggestion as to where i could move them too?You idea of the 'menu' being on the left not the right, thats what i like too, but sadly, due to the design of the website building system, we have set templates we can only choose from :D...but i think i can try! :)....Thanks again...