xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
plumpShticks

Browser Hijacker How can i contol it???

:) This was the last thing i wan't... It's not a virus and my antivirus can't detect it. Ad Aware 6 can find it but it coudn't be removed. It ruins my rundll.exe.I couldn't find it..it runs randomly and frequently... It destroyed my browser and it's disturbing my applications... i played
a pc game and the system was paralyzed when this app runs... It opens my browser repeatedly with a url: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ blah

How do i stop it...where can i locate it... and how can i prevent my pc from having one... Helppppp!!!! :D

as Ad Aware 6 can detect this hijacker, spyware or whatever*....do one thing...boot your computer in safe mode and then try to remove it from there.

you can also remove them manually (if you find that * in the list) by going to Bazooka scanner homepage

my suggestion will be that go on google and try to search for that * as much as you can and try to remove it manually.

and if you are using INTERNET EXPLORER 6 then please follow the following steps :-

1. open internet explorer properties

- either by right clicking on IE icon and selceting properties

- or by going into control panel and then selecting INTERNET OPTIONS

2. Go to Advanced tab

3. Untick the option which says "Enable third party browser extensions(require restart)"

these steps will most probably help you in fixing up the computer.

What file was it that Ad-aware detected? and what folder did it find it in?

Its really very difficult to detect browser hijacker because it disable your system security application and deactivates task manager and hence you are unable to stop its running process and not able to remove it. But don't worry if your system is infected with any kind of malicious browser hijacker then you can use third-party Browser Hijacker Removal Tool. With the help of this effective utility you can easily remove this rogue application from your computer.