xisto Community

The Descriptiopn Of The Two Sides Hacker or cracker?

hi there!

i'm writing this 'cause i'm alway gettin' warned because i'm writing hacking stuff and they think this is illegal. so. i think i should descripe the diffenence of a hacker and a cracker.

well, a hacker is someone who's searching for securityholes to make it impossible to indruders to get critical information about bussiness or so.

on the other side there will be the cracker, witch try's mostly to find something to bypass a password, firewall, hardwarefirewall and other security stuff.

so. i'm trying to get my windowscomputer as secured as possible. so. whats wrong, if i find a hole and write it down, so everyone knows about it and can change the settings to make his system impossible to hack [in front of the pc and over net]?

Well, I think there are no hackers or crackers anymore.These days you have computer experts and cyber criminals.There used to be people who tweak some things on those days computers or who modifed codes, wrote new stuff, explore systems and on the other side there were those who took advantage of it, so called crackers.Today all you have is a bunch of kids, who don't know jack S about administration, and like to play cowboys and indiands.There are NO hackers anymore, just regular cyber criminals.To me, people who would be called hackers in the past are open-source programmers, system experts and those who want to make something better and not those guys who sit all day behind the desk and look for some phpbb exploits because every idiot can run a program.They are not a threat at all but very annoying.Legal or illegal, depends on your countrys laws and your "hacking stuff" content.If you encourage people to break laws, it's illegal.

hey there are hackers but just on gaming i hate them they are so distrubing make sure u have a firewall if u play aonline game against other ppl from around the world,but it shouldnt be much to worry about i havent had any bad problems but i do have spyware i hate it,spyware is the worst thing to have well not really but its not good...lol....u got spyware? anyone im alone...

hi there

i'm interested to make systems not accessable by spyware or else. so i'm trying to make my system unable to response at requests commin' from outside and are not requested by my pc. so i'm hacking myself to find security-holes... i hate kiddie-scripters 'cause if i want to hack someone, i should know how a computer works [from bootup over startup etc.]

i think its not good to let other people download my exploids 'cause it may cause extreme damage to every system. get the CIH-virus in mind....

cya

:)

Well, I think there are no hackers or crackers anymore.

Hmm I don't think I agree with this... checkout http://www.zone-h.net/If you'll look at the targets 30% or 40% from the attacks are impossible to be reached by script kiddies which use exploits from forums and so on. In these attacks are used only 0day's which meanse they CODE them... So that's the prove that cracking it's still alive and freshy...

...those guys who sit all day behind the desk and look for some phpbb exploits because every idiot can run a program.

If you think there aren't crackers/hackers anymore where do you think the exploits that the "guys who sit all day behind the desk" use come from? Maybe moon or something... you never know what those little creatures do up there...
Cheers!

Well, hackers used to be people who posess great knowledge of computers, and programming, in several languages and on several platforms... Now, thanks to media mostly, most of computer newbies think that hacker is evil person, who sits in front of his computer for weeks countinuously etc. People who claim to be hackers are not! Hackers never brag about their knowledge, and especialy keep quiet about what they hacked, Movie "Hackers" contains a good stories about hackers...Kids who got their computer a year ago, think they are the smartest in the world, since they know how to click the Hack! button, in their new hacking software... But if they would be put to test, they would be dead beat in a few seconds, because they don't have elementary kowledge about computers.I'll tell you a story about a guy who thought to be a hacker, and braged a little about it. And one day when I was nervous, he started braging, and asking people to give him their IP. So, in order to prove him to be a lamer, I gave him my IP, and waited for him. After 10 minutes, he claimed that I gave him the wrong IP, because he can't get in. Ofcourse, I didn't mention to him I hade firewall installed (now MS, but other, older firewall). And since my firewall logged his attempt to break in, now I had his IP ;) And I simply used NET SEND comand, to send him a note "I'm in your computer now. I'm gonna trash your computer, you lamer!"... In a matter of seconds upon receiving that message, he disconnected...Oh, did I mention, I'm NOT a hacker? :P I actualy have very little knowledge about hacking and stuff, I simply remembered that most people leave their messenger service on, and that I can use NET SEND for purpose of scaring him...Anyway, back to topic... If you don't encourage hacking, and of course, write a warning that doing things from your text is illegal, you should be ok...

;)

Hmm I don't think I agree with this... checkout http://www.zone-h.net/

If you'll look at the targets 30% or 40% from the attacks are impossible to be reached by script kiddies which use exploits from forums and so on. In these attacks are used only 0day's which meanse they CODE them... So that's the prove that cracking it's still alive and freshy...

If you think there aren't crackers/hackers anymore where do you think the exploits that the "guys who sit all day behind the desk" use come from? Maybe moon or something... you never know what those little creatures do up there...

Cheers!

177427[/snapback]

Yes, but those people are called system experts rather then hackers, hackers are extinct.No hacker would allow people to run exploits so they can harm computers, it's called criminal ectivity.Perhaps crackers, not hackers.A hackers from 80's would code a patch (exploit) and notify the company/user about it.

people still use the term hacker, i still use that term, but anyways i read some of your posts and yeah you are talking about hacking into computer which is against the TOS, even if it is your own computer reguardless, you can't talk about it.

Crackers are the cyber criminals that will brake into a computer and cause damage. Or brake into a computer without permission, but do not cause damage. A Hacker is a person that knows a lot about computers. A hacker can also be a programmer. For example a hacker could hack the code for a program. As in they could edit the code for a program.The media though call the people who are really crackers hackers though, because the majority of people think that a hacker is the bad guy. It would be better if the media for example put in an article hacker (cracker) or something. Or just made it clear that really it is not hacker and it is cracker and what the difference is.Then there are these people who think it would be cool to be able to hack. In this case as in crack, but they will use the word hack.In companies they have people who are paid to legally crack computer systems. As in test the security of computer systems.