xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tuddy

Cars Of The Future What will they look like, and be like?

As we know cars have evolved hugely since the beginning of the time, and we are seeing bigger and bigger debates about the enviroment factors and there look and feel. Here are a few ways in which they may imporve, what do you think?

Building cheaper and better cars, by building atom by atom...

Researchers are finding ways to make vehicles safer, lighter, more powerful ? and ultimately less expensive ? by building materials one atom at a time.

Nanotechnology, which involves working at a scale more than 1,000 times smaller than the width of a human hair, is about to revolutionize the way cars are built and driven.

Read further HERE

What about the design of a car, it may be the future, but people will still like to look 'Cool'...So what designs would you like to see?...

Concept cars range from the futuristic to the retro, the wild and whacky to the just plain silly. Innovative design is now a major driving force in the automotive industry and many of the mock-up models on show at the NEC will find their way into full-scale production. And Britain is leading the way. Al Clarke, head of communications for the Society for Motoring Manufacturers and traders, said British designers were among the best around the world.

Read further HERE

Some of my favs, are these: (From above site...)

Posted Image

Posted Image

One thing i find so very interesting is an acticle i found on how Video games influence the design of a car. Would this be turning our earth into another Grand Theft Auto as stated by the acticle HERE, It will be interesting to see just how it turns out.

Also what will be added to our cars in the furtire to help us drive, maybe even not drive and just sit back and enjoy the ride. I guess most people fear the problem of getting into a robot car, and haveing something happen that the driver (Robot), cannot think about and end up crashing and worst case, ending your life. :)

So what do you think will happen with future cars, or even transport in general, would you be willing to jump right behind the wheel of one of these futuristic cars?

What about flying cars?, What do you thing, i say whats the point, you may as well own a plane and fly it around. Maybe we will turn into 'The Sixth Element' kind of world. Who knows, What do you think?

I don't like the idea of flying cars! I'm hoping that cars of the future would be safer and more economical to use. Also, I hope they don't look too silly like the concept cars that are being designed now, just sleek and clean-looking and nothing spaceship-py :)

I dont like the cars of the furture they would be ugly well i hope not but there probaly will. I like the old cars like comaros and mustangs but i like new cars to like the new mustang 05,its cool and the new GTO tight car. I love alot of different cars i like how that look and how fast they are but some cars are just ugly like the new honda that runs on electricity. omg its so ugly lol.........futrure cars i rather have the old cars but we have to move on sometime,well ill love the cars tell they dissapear..

The first thing, future car challenge they must leave fossil oil, because in future natural resources getting rare and hard to get. and It's gonna be cool if your car driving themselves eventually, making for safer highways, so it would decrease total accident caused by the driver error like using mobile phone while driving, trying to reach something on back seat etc.about the design of course it's have to way better than today, and also considering the aerodynamic system..

Flying cars? I just wouldn't feel safe in one, and surely they would pollute even more than cars at the moment. Cars driving themselves also sounds a bit worrying. I think someone developed a car that could park itself but even that failed sometimes. These GPS systems aren't that good either. One told me simply to 'turn right in 200 yards', this was on the M4, where its impossible to just turn right. Also, it seems pointless developing family cars that can go very fast. Whats the point? A sports car you could use on a track, fine, but a family saloon????Apart from making cars safer and more economic there is nothing wrong with todays cars.

I've pictured them somewhat the same. The small streamlined features, short stubby cars, and huge muscular looking trucks, going at high speeds. xD I wonder what car will be runned on because I doubt the way the oil companies are going we're going to have oil to fuel those cars up...

I don't think cars will exist in our distant future :) I think I will play devils advocate in this post. First of all, I don't think we will ever get to the point where flying cars/personal flying devices are the main means of transporation. Why you might ask? Oil is disappearing and American nuclear subs have enough fire power to blow up the world many times over. In short term, the main interest is gas mileage. Increasing gas prices is a deterent to go "cruis'n" with friends. I felt a little uncomfortable when driving around with my friends because the gas bill hit $60ish Canadian. Luckily, he is a good friend with a paying job and didn't ask me to chip in, lol. Yah, basically its all going to be gas mileage and alternative fuel sources.Can you say Stargate? You never know.

Transporters....Everyhome should own one now.. :D So maybe we won;t even have cars, well we don't like flying cars then so i guess people ain't going to like that idea too much. But think of flying cars, you could park them on your roof top at parties, solves the parking problem. :) If they can develop a car to run on electrcity for a long enough amount of time without having to recharge, then maybe life will beome alot cleaner and smoother.

i think that cars of future will go probobly on some other fulle becouse we cant find any more naft and stuff and its not good for our mother nature :)so cars will probobly go on solar energy and it would be nice if thay can fly that would be intresting :Dbtw this is my first post ! yeey

I thought of about flying car too but well many people have their own opinion about their dream cars. You may find that in the future there might be flying car or might not.I would rather say that the car that driving itself it is a half good half bad idea. Why/Why not?Good: You can go drive while u r asleepBad: What if the system go berserk or crazy? You can have serious accident.Everything have their good and bad:DI would prefer normal with sunlight and moonlight energy than fuel energy

Cars of the future will just be safer and alot more economical, and even faster :)

Cares powered by Hydrogen Fuel cells is the next main development, not these Hybrid cars. . . . sure they are more economical but their not saving the planet. . . Its been proven that efficient deisel engined cars are more economical and cheaper than hybrid cars.

Safety is another big development, with cars now adays alerting you if you drift out of a lane on a motorway (highway), and now alot of car makers are creating cars which do less damge to pedesterians at low speeds due to bonet crumple zones.

Cars are always getting faster too. . . . from a comman Vaxhaul Vectra VXR reaching a top speed of 161 Mph, which is bloody fast for a Rep's car lol And not to mention the insane Buggatei Verylon with 1000BHP

and lets hope the germans and americans learn the true definition of Luxary, the Americans learn how to make a car corner and be more efficinet. . . . Ignoring the middle eastern brands. . . as there good at what they do. . . making cheap S**ty cars for ppl who dont care what they drive.

I guess they'll have air jet motors and they'll fly. They would be faster and safer, and because they will fly we'll be able to reach different places in shorter time. They will have also radar systems...that will be necessary to prevent colisions and they would have of course also an auto pilot GPS or better sattelite system navigated. What about the shape. I think they'll be more like aeroplanes or better. They'll have quite same shapes as modern fighters, just that they, ll be designed to carry more passengers.

But come to think of it those types of car you guys mentions (concept car: flying car, moonlinght/sunlight cars, hydrogen fuel cells car and etc.) They are going to be very, very expensive and as the prototype or first model came out is hard to made at the start. I think if we talk about future car, then we have to talk about prices of the future car too :)