xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
serverph

Chaos Over $50 Ibook Laptops tsk... tsk... tsk...

Mob scene, several hurt in rush for cheap laptops

What started as a sale turned into a mob scene as thousands of people pushed their way through the Richmond International Raceway gates to buy a $50 iBook laptop computer from Henrico County Schools this morning. The school district had only 1,000 of these surplus computers to sell, and Henrico County residents got first dibs.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

when the gates opened at 7 a.m., chaos broke out. see the video of what went down. was the price of the ibook even worth the trouble, for the sellers and the buyers, after all these? :) what if those hurt in the stampede pressed charges, will the $50,000 total sales cover for the payouts? they should have sent those up for auction at ebay. perhaps they could have turned up more profit for the ibooks - minus the hassles that ensued.

wow, pretty hard... but would be cool to get a laptop for so little moneyanyway, i think i even would go to the store for fun, just to push and so :)

Wow I would have bought 10 of them. For $50 bucks its worth going through all those people.