xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Becca

SMS Whats The Difference ?

What is the difference between SMS and Text messages ?? All I know is that SMS cost 1pound and text messages cost around 5-20p :) Is it like text messaging other countries or something ?Anyways if any one has a Nokia 7250i how do I send SMS??Thank You xx Bexa

What is the difference between SMS and Text messages ?? All I know is that SMS cost 1pound and text messages cost around 5-20p :) Is it like text messaging other countries or something ?

Anyways if any one has a Nokia 7250i how do I send SMS??

Thank You xx Bexa

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

could be that SMS is implemented by native service provider

setup.

text messaging somewhat implies use of internet

so i wud hazard a guess that it uses GPRS so probably cheaper

Here in YU, SMS & Text messages are the same thing, they cost 3.5 csd on my network. But... Perhaps Text messages are sent via GPRS (my Siemens MC60 has the option to send SMS via GPRS)... I personaly don't use this feature, as it costs hell of a lot more then regular SMS...I suggest you call customer service, and ask them about it, as we can only guess what is the difference, if tere is any...P.S.SMS costs 1 pound? Price for sending SMS here is 0.03 pounds! One minute of phone conversation costs 0.13 pounds... Wow, is England expensive, or what? :)

Well I thought that SMS was to send text messages to other countries ?? And that cost 1pound ??? 1.00And my normal textmessages costs 10p ?? which is 0.10 ??Oh friggin well!

SMS (Simple Messaging Service) and Text Messaging are same.

But with the rates that Becca is quoting, she must be mentioning MMS and Text Messaging. MMS is Multimedia Messaging Service.

It is relatively expensive, but you send pictures and audio clips to another MMS compatible phone.

Posted Image

I think Becca is in England. So someone form England who is using the same mobile phone service as her should be able to answer this question. The attmpts of all others seems to be futile!

Edited by googlue (see edit history)

Nope it's NOT MMS....I have MMS on my phone...It costs 40p 4x the amount of text messaging...And that is not expensive at all...I regularly send pictures to my friends ad familyWhat I am talking about is SMS ..... I think it's where you text other countries but im not sure...because habbo hotel..they tell you to send them a SMS saying how much you want....Isend them a text message and it never works...but on my mums phone the options are... Send Meesage and below that it says Send SMS...and I did that and it worked....it cost 1 pound.but I still don't know the difference

i am confused by the sms or text message.are they different?in my area they are the same thing called different name and 1 jiao to send a message everytime. :D

Summary of topic

- SMS is the same as Text Message, text message being used as a slang term for sms.

- the only other service is MMS, which is the sending of audio and pictures.

MMS can send more characters than sms, though it costs more.

Oh...right...so how do I get habbo credits from habbo hotel ?? I send text messages but it doesnt work ?

Well, SMS stands for Short Message Service, and as far as I know, it should be exactly the same as a text message. :D

OH noo..So I guess this thread was a waste .. :DThanks...everyone