xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DoR

Firefox Has 80,000,000 Downloads People is confortable with it

I think it's a combination of both, since it looks like more and more people are switching to Firefox as their default browser. I personally like the product because of it loads the pages quickly and the user can customize it easily.

Yes, 80, 000, 000 that is 80 million downloads, quite alot in terms of people who started to switch to firefox, but I've heard many people don't use firefox as the default browsers except those developers and web-designers and technically sound people. Many users don't want to bother the plug-ins that has to be installed all over again after firefox is being used, besides when internet explorer is automatically installed with the operating system itself, it is hard to beat microsoft.In fact, eighty million users is not quite alot in terms of net users around the world. However, I would like firefox to keep this momentum and give a very stiff competition to microsoft internet explorer and other browsers.

Yes, 80, 000, 000 that is 80 million downloads, quite alot in terms of people who started to switch to firefox, but I've heard many people don't use firefox as the default browsers except those developers and web-designers and technically sound people. Many users don't want to bother the plug-ins that has to be installed all over again after firefox is being used, besides when internet explorer is automatically installed with the operating system itself, it is hard to beat microsoft.

In fact, eighty million users is not quite alot in terms of net users around the world. However, I would like firefox to keep this momentum and give a very stiff competition to microsoft internet explorer and other browsers.

Firefox should learn from how Microsoft was forced to create a special version of Windows Xp without Windows Media Player. Maybe the same thing could happen to Internet Explorer so the other browsers could stand a better chance of getting a bigger slice of the market.

The success of Firefox is amazing. I was one of people using Mozilla when Firefox was borned. Indee i think it was born with a different name. Then suddenly it became bigger and bigger. I moved to Firefox and thunderbird and keep my emails and browser as two different things. I guess Firefox has some advantages which are a clear clue for its success:- It works quite well with the standards.- It is light.- It loads the pages quickly- It has tabs- It is crossplatformHowever a lot of work has to be done to be at the same level of IE. But we are on the way :-)