xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
heavensounds

Intel’s Pentium 4 Overclocked To 7.1ghz! Now thats what Id like to have;)

I find that 242 deg C hard to believe. Intel specifies that Prescott (the processor used here) HAS to be cooled to 38 deg C or better. So I'm not too sure what that 242 deg C reading is all about.

Hey all,Why did he do it?...because he could.. if it can be done..then someone's sure to try it.P4 to 7.1ghz ??? temp = 242 C ??If that's true ..then the picture had to be taken JUST BEFORE the poor puter turned into a mini hiroshima and became a smoking crater on the idiots desk.That kind of speed(& heat) kills.. really fast. There's no way out of that.RGPHNX

Maybe we can hand around and pay millions to get it like that, but the fact of the matter really, is you don't got no use for it!...Except fun and fame!!  :huh:  :P

174984[/snapback]

I think that would be enough :( hahaha fun and fame...

Besides if i think im stuck working at 2.8 ghz, what would i do with 7? i think its great (i mean i wouldnt pay for a pc like that, thinking about the price... not even if i had the money! Probably it would be as expensive as hell hehe, so id rather travel and spend it some where else...

I found that system temperature 242 deg C is just unbelievable! Like RGPHNX said it would cause mini Hiroshima on the guy's desk.... Also overclocking a Pentium 4 to 7.1 GHz sounds a bit extreme procedure... But some extra speed can never harm you, except if your processor doesn't explode! I just think that having a processor with 7.1 GHz useless if you don't work with something like maping human genome...