xisto Community
B-T

Don't Cops Have Better Things To Do i mean besides invading our schools

they come into our schools like they own the place. saying they are there to keep the school safe. i don't know about u but i don't feel safe even when they are there. don't u think that if a kid is going to bring a gun {or some kind of weapon} to school and hurt someone their gonna do it and theres nothing the cops can do about it.

Notice from KuBi:
Fixed tags.
Edited by KuBi (see edit history)

Ya...tell us more about what they do. And it's there job, ever had a lock down before? Well, when a crazed lunatic with a gun and dynomite strapped to hit legs and chest runs into the school, the cops are there to bring that mad man down before he blows his brain out all over the school killing students if he can...Meh?One time at my school, a guy on a motorcycle was speading down next to the school, decided to ditch the bike and try to lose the cops by going on campus. There were helecopters telling kids to get into class, along with duty aides, but they were just like "Ohhh, look at the pretty copters". So the SRO(School Resource Officer) got everyone in class and took down the guy. BTW, the guy had a gun. Imagine who would have died if they weren't there?

Ya...tell us more about what they do. And it's there job, ever had a lock down before? Well, when a crazed lunatic with a gun and dynomite strapped to hit legs and chest runs into the school, the cops are there to bring that mad man down before he blows his brain out all over the school killing students if he can...Meh?

One time at my school, a guy on a motorcycle was speading down next to the school, decided to ditch the bike and try to lose the cops by going on campus. There were helecopters telling kids to get into class, along with duty aides, but they were just like "Ohhh, look at the pretty copters". So the SRO(School Resource Officer) got everyone in class and took down the guy. BTW, the guy had a gun. Imagine who would have died if they weren't there?

174401[/snapback]

Awesome story! -_-

A cop's job is to prevent crime. It's a sad sign of our times that so much crime happens in schools. Students use drugs and get in fights all the time these days. I'm not saying the person starting this topic is one of those but I'd imagine a lot of those resentful of a police presence in the schools don't like it because it could mean their illegal activities are more likely to land them in trouble.

ya sure kids get in alot of fights these days. but don't u think school staff can handle that. they did in the past? SRO'S could be out on the streets doing more important things. such as caching murderers and rapists. instead they are in our schools. the way i see it is they are just to afraid to be a real cop.

ya sure kids get in alot of fights these days. but don't u think school staff can handle that. they did in the past? SRO'S could be out on the streets doing more important things. such as caching murderers and rapists. instead they are in our schools. the way i see it is they are just to afraid to be a real cop.

174424[/snapback]

I don't think they have cops in all the schools, only the problem ones, I think it's more a selective thing. Also, I think they use schools to give the cops some experience before sending them out on the streets, so they're more likely to know what they're doing by then.

There aren't all that many murderers and rapists out there I don't think, but drugs are a big problem. And the plain fact of the matter is that some of the biggest druggies can be found in schools. I wouldn't be surprised if the cop invasions of schools is an attempt to shut down drug rings.

I think it's a great thing that the police are going into your school, you should consider it as a massive privilege. We only get them in when an incident has already happened, like someone stealing somebody's wallet or something. At the end of the school day there might be some police there after a drugs incident (happens once a year or something).

A cop's job is to prevent crime. It's a sad sign of our times that so much crime happens in schools. Students use drugs and get in fights all the time these days. I'm not saying the person starting this topic is one of those but I'd imagine a lot of those resentful of a police presence in the schools don't like it because it could mean their illegal activities are more likely to land them in trouble.

I was thinking about that, you could be right. The 'smokers union' as we call them always try to avoid the police when they are in school, from my observations in the past.

I think it's a great thing that the police are going into your school, you should consider it as a massive privilege. We only get them in when an incident has already happened, like someone stealing somebody's wallet or something. At the end of the school day there might be some police there after a drugs incident (happens once a year or something).

I was thinking about that, you could be right. The 'smokers union' as we call them always try to avoid the police when they are in school, from my observations in the past.

174431[/snapback]

When I went to high school they had a bunch of kids who'd stand near where the busses would go by while smoking, to try and look cool apparently (dummies). This in spite of the fact that cops were at my school. I've driven by several times since finishing high school to take my brothers there and still see a bunch of boneheads standing in the exact same spots smoking. It makes me wonder if some of them were ones who never graduated... -_-

But I remember high school well enough to know that there were kids who spoke of more serious stuff like pot and marijuana with familiarity. Personally I don't think the cops are doing enough about the issue.

But I remember high school well enough to know that there were kids who spoke of more serious stuff like pot and marijuana with familiarity.  Personally I don't think the cops are doing enough about the issue.

174439[/snapback]

well if they arn't doing enough about it do u think they should remain in our schools. or do you think they should put more cops in our schools.

Notice from cmatcmextra:
Fixed quote tags

Edited by cmatcmextra (see edit history)

But I remember high school well enough to know that there were kids who spoke of more serious stuff like pot and marijuana with familiarity.  Personally I don't think the cops are doing enough about the issue.

174439[/snapback]

well if they arn't doing enough about it do u think they should remain in our schools. or do you think they should put more cops in our schools.

174443[/snapback]

I think there's enough cops, I just think they should be more active in going after underage smokers and worry less about acting as student counselors or lunchroom watchdogs.

Notice from cmatcmextra:
Fixed quote tags

Allrighty, dude. The phrase "SRO" means, "SCHOOL Recourse officer". It's there JOB to go to schools and HELP keep things in order. When fights break out, the teachers aren't ganna stand in and tackle the kid to the ground, that's what the SRO is for. Every time a fight breaks out at my school, the SRO stands in, NOT the duty aides or teachers. Duty aids aren't for breaking up fights. They try to PREVENT them from even taking place. Also to preserve order. NOT to stop fights once they've begun.I believe EVERY school is assigned an SRO, and it's not because they hate us it's because they are looking out for us. Sure, it might get annoying, but just wait till something bad happens and the SRO saves your life, or a friends life.

I think there's enough cops, I just think they should be more active in going after underage smokers and worry less about acting as student counselors or lunchroom watchdogs.

174445[/snapback]

now that is a great point, but there isn't anything they can do about kids smoking. it's not against the law 4 kids 2 smoke. it's against the law 4 them 2 buy cigarretts. i think they need to do more about kids using drugs.

Notice from cmatcmextra:
Again, fixed quote tags

ya i know it's their job to break up fights and all that other stuff. but i still think the school staff can do it. i don't think they should have cops in the schools.