xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
swat

Miracles Of God (my Poem) Here is a poem i made that was published

I sit in my room all alone.My soul's empty, as cold as a stone.I feel my body ripped down to the bone.As Satan tortures me on his throne.I call upon thy Lord,as judgement is upon the poor.To give resurrection as He walks through the door.Thy God has turned my life around,without making such a slightest sound.I don't know how He works in his ways,I will never find out for the rest of my days.I thank Him for the life he has given me,I couldn't ask for more just to be with me.Peter *******Copyright ?2005 Peter ****** ******* i put stars for personal safety.It was published in the book of poetry at: http://www.poetry.com/ actually like 4 poems of mine were, :P:P-_-

I sit in my room all alone.

My soul's empty, as cold as a stone.

I feel my body ripped down to the bone.

As Satan tortures me on his throne.

I call upon thy Lord,

as judgement is upon the poor.

To give resurrection as He walks through the door.

Thy God has turned my life around,

without making such a slightest sound.

I don't know how He works in his ways,

I will never find out for the rest of my days.

I thank Him for the life he has given me,

I couldn't ask for more just to be with me.

Peter *******

Copyright Š2005 Peter ****** *******  i put stars for personal safety.

It was  published in the book of poetry at: http://www.poetry.com/; actually like 4 poems of mine were,  :P  -_-  :P

174206[/snapback]

Cool, I tried putting one into Poetry.com for the first time a few months ago, it's the Pitcher one that's on here. It got the Editor's Choice Award and put into a special cd or something but didn't win anything else.

Anyway, I like the poem, it's always good to take the attitude that turning to God in our troubles should be our first resort, not our last :P

God saves those whose trust is in Him, and it's the area where those trusting in their own works or Mary as a "mediatrix" or Mohammed as a prophet while Christ not God will fall short. Trusting in Him means knowing that He works problems and successes alike to the greater good for those that love Him and are called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28). Obviously this is often not what we have in mind as good and it may mean trials we go through for the good (salvation) of another. For example, we may suffer trials so that we may be able to relate to someone we love that they too may know Christ. Problems can guide us to a path of blessing we wouldn't have found otherwise. And also, problems can work patience and faith in us, making us more like Christ.

And so, God tells us not to worry, but trust that it's all in His hands. I'm finding more and more when I'm anxious about something to just commit the matter into His hands and trust Him to take care of it, and then just do my best, not worrying about the result.

Ecclesiastes 9:10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

And as it says in 1 John 4:19, we love God because He first loved us. Christ is our example to love others (enemies too) and do good to them, to endure through trials while trusting in God, and to not worry about what life holds.

In 1 John 2:6 it says whoever says they abide in Christ should act as He did. What better justification for our actions to Christ in the final day then that we acted as He did?

I got editors choce award, i got4 different poetry nomineees #1 prize in international poets of america down in orlando on live tv got 2nd place for that i got best poem award on 1 poem for 3 straight months and also got 1st place in national poets reader assembly and bunch more but they keep sending more and more invites etc. costing more then im getting ya know great expierence....Thank You for your input makes me feel good! :P:P-_-

I got editors choce award, i got4 different poetry nomineees #1 prize in international poets of america down in orlando on live tv got 2nd place for that i got best poem award on 1 poem for 3 straight months and also got 1st place in national poets reader assembly and bunch more but they keep sending more and more invites etc. costing more then im getting ya know great expierence....

Thank You for your input makes me feel good! :P  :P  -_-

174490[/snapback]

Cool :P I'd enter more then that one poem but unfortunately all my poems are too long :P I'd have trouble conveying a good message without too much space. I did write one poem for the state contest in 8th grade and won 1st place for it. Didn't enter a contest since until the poetry.com one just this year. I probably won't mess around with the contests though just because I can't enter all my favorite poems.

The one that took first is the Freedom poem I mentioned earlier btw.

Cool ya i know its like you have all these great expressions and they sure as heck cant be written in what little psace they give you i had to cutoff 75% of it.its like they dont wanna feel the emotions in poetry makin it so little ya know i have trouble converting it all to little sentences and thats why i stopped submitting i just have my own journal/poetry book ya know/???? :P:P Ya poetry is the best thing to get involved with also reading the bible shhh dont tell anyone i skipped genesis.....heheheheheehe :P-_-:o:P

Cool ya i know its like you have all these great expressions and they sure as heck cant be written in what little psace they give you i had to cutoff 75% of it.

its like they dont wanna feel the  emotions in poetry makin it so little ya know i have trouble converting it all to little sentences and thats why i stopped submitting i just have my own journal/poetry book ya know/???? B)  B)

Ya poetry is the best thing to get involved with also reading the bible shhh dont tell anyone i skipped genesis.....heheheheheehe  :P  -_-  :P  :P

174566[/snapback]

Yeah, love poetry, it's almost like a journal of what you were like :P You can look back at it and see how you were thinking and feeling perhaps even better then if you'd written it down somewhere. Plus it's in a more eye-pleasing format :P

Right after I got saved I got bored with Exodus, stopped reading the Bible all the way through for a while just because of it. All the Law restrictions bored me. I love reading the NT though :o Ditto for Proverbs, some of the stuff like Kings, Samuel, Chronicles, etc... is pretty cool too. I like the story of Jonathan taking on the army of hundreds of thousands of warriors because he figured God could win by many or few and then God gave him a sign he could so with his armor bearer/baggage carrier he decided to charge them :D In a college age group before we started talking about Biblical superheros (Christ is the best of course B)) and someone said Samson was like Superman with the super strength and Jonathan like Batman where he just goes in with the utility tools, lol :D

But anyway, yeah, love both poetry and the Bible :D

Yeah, love poetry, it's almost like a journal of what you were like :P  You can look back at it and see how you were thinking and feeling perhaps even better then if you'd written it down somewhere.  Plus it's in a more eye-pleasing format :P

Right after I got saved I got bored with Exodus, stopped reading the Bible all the way through for a while just because of it.  All the Law restrictions bored me.  I love reading the NT though -_-  Ditto for Proverbs, some of the stuff like Kings, Samuel, Chronicles, etc... is pretty cool too.  I like the story of Jonathan taking on the army of hundreds of thousands of warriors because he figured God could win by many or few and then God gave him a sign he could so with his armor bearer/baggage carrier he decided to charge them :P  In a college age group before we started talking about Biblical superheros (Christ is the best of course :P) and someone said Samson was like Superman with the super strength and Jonathan like Batman where he just goes in with the utility tools, lol :P 

But anyway, yeah, love both poetry and the Bible :o

174587[/snapback]

I dunno what it is about the bible i get bored to to easy.

I just dunno, i cant find that connectio which aggrivates me cause i need to read the bible ya know if you have any tis and or pointers please share them with me i would really like to find that path and also need 2 start church back up 4 sure ya know what i mean man???? :D:D

I dunno what it is about the bible i get bored to to easy.

I just dunno, i cant find that connectio which aggrivates me cause i need to read the bible ya know if you have any tis and or pointers please share them with me i would really like to find that path and also need 2 start church back up 4 sure ya know what i mean man???? -_-  :P

174917[/snapback]

A trick I use when I'm struggling with reading the bible is to simply open to a random page, pick a spot, and read. It's always interesting to see where you end up, and it will really surprise you sometimes. Another really cool thing, is my ex-girlfriend gave me for a birthday present a little tin, and inside it are about 200+ folded slips of paper, and on each one is a verse, and it's a realy great encouragement to see the work that went into it.

A trick I use when I'm struggling with reading the bible is to simply open to a random page, pick a spot, and read. It's always interesting to see where you end up, and it will really surprise you sometimes. Another really cool thing, is my ex-girlfriend gave me for a birthday present a little tin, and inside it are about 200+ folded slips of paper, and on each one is a verse, and it's a realy great encouragement to see the work that went into it.

174966[/snapback]

sweet a tin thats creative neat i like that wonder where i could get something like that...lmfao

sweet a tin thats creative neat i like that wonder where i could get something like that...lmfao

174975[/snapback]

It took her about a month and a half to do, then another 3 months to get it to me! She kept forgetting it at home, and she's a 45 minute drive away