xisto Community
snlildude87

Firefox Hack: Enable Inline Autocomplete completes what youre typing

Inline complete in Firefox (or anywhere) is basically completing what you're typing. So say I'm typing goog in my address bar. If I enable inline autocomplete, Firefox will show google.com in my address bar because it's the closest one in my history. It's sort of like Google Suggest.

To enable this awesome feature, type about:config in the address bar of your Firefox. Then, right click anywhere on the page, go to New -> Boolean. For the preference name, enter browser.urlbar.autoFill, and set it to True.

You're done! To test it, go to your address bar, and type in a random letter. Firefox should complete it for you. If you don't get what you're looking for, keep typing.

Glad that you guys like it.

I'd also want to add that this doesn't work if you type in the letter t. It'll interpret as  blah.com/. Just continue what you're typing, and this should go away.

Thanks alot Snildude this is alot like auto complete in Internet Explorer. Now everything in Firefox is better than Internet Explorer. Now I won't worry about having a bookmark folder that has so many bookmarks you won't find the one you want.

Thanks alot Snildude this is alot like auto complete in Internet Explorer. Now everything in Firefox is better than Internet Explorer. Now I won't worry about having a bookmark folder that has so many bookmarks you won't find the one you want.

174596[/snapback]

Heh. No problem. :P

I was in the bookstore yesterday when I found the hack. I tried to remember it as best as I can, but I forgot it as soon as I got home. Had to rely on Google to fill in the blanks. -_-

Hey, nice one.This makes FireFox indeed better than Internet Explorer (but wasn't it already?). Anyway, firefox rulez -_- .It's one thing I missed in Ff but it seems to be an easy one to add to Ff.Thx snlildude

I don't use Firefox much (I use Opera), but I never knew that this feature was available. Maybe I'll redownload and see what's been added to Firefox since the last time I had it.

Old topic that got bumped, but okay.I tried this, it's very handy. Thanks snlildude. :)

I guess that could help already, but you shouldn't really need to do it, because it already automatically comes up with a list of close url's as you type them. All you have to do is get kind of close to it, then hit down until you get to the one you were looking for. I thought they had that the whole time, and it works just as good as an auto-complete thing.

This is very nice feature I have found out that over years there are so many more fetures in the firefox itself then it is showing. Probably because they this that these features are not good but maybe they are just further testing them. One way or the other I would like to see some better interface for editing all those options. Probably I will find some gadget in their extension repository.

thanx man but can you please tell me how to retrieve the cleared history and cookies in firefox..................if its possible then please tell me thankyou very much