xisto Community
askingboss

Hlsw the rcon consequences

I have a GameDaemon server. Well it was more like clan leader's server and i had the rcon to it. Anyways, there is this program called HLSW which most of you probably know and know what it is used for. You pretty much look into who is in the server, scores, and have admin access to the server if you know the rcon password set on the server. So with an HLSW you can put in rcon in the server properties and you have the access to kick or even ban people from the server. The problem is, you should not experiment with that, because there is no option for unban or even to check server ban list. We had to go through a lot of trouble to get the people unbanned after someone had fun banning so a suggestion to those using HLSW and have rcon to server, DO NOT BAN people, just kick.

I use HLSW all the time for CS, and it is the first place I go when I want to unban someone.. it works fine for me, I have always used it.. I can add bans, list bans and remove bans!In fact, I just checked it right now, and I have 52 bans listed!! -_-Maybe you are using a different game other than CS?

ban list hacksHlsw

my ban list has been cleared 3 times and only 2 people have rcon password. We changed the rcon to a very strong pass word and it still happened. How are they getting into my rcon.

-reply by swift