xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kasm

They Took 30 Points For Package 1. problem in subtraction point

1. when I had credits about 26 I have applied for package 1.

2. When I received that my application has been approved my credit points was more than 30.

3. I din't receive the promised email, so after 2 day I went directly and succeded to activate the account.

4. After that my points changed to 1.8 days.

5. That mean my points droped 30 point not only 10.

6. I shouted about that :

BlaqueMajik (8/13/05 3:30 pm)  --  Because it took 30 from hosting if you got Package 2. The days part refers to how many days you can stay inactive until your suspended. Read the caption under the Hosting Credits part for more info.
kasm (8/13/05 3:37 pm)  --  I applied for package 1. I welcome if they get me the 2nd package. How I know?

kasm (8/13/05 4:27 pm)  --  I checked the file manager and found that disk space 20M and BW 512 MB (i.e package 1) so why they took 30 points?

7. I don't receive answer to my shout so, I am sending now from here. I repeat, that I welcome if u fixed the matter and assign to me package 2.

8. I uploaded index.html files and few mimum files to experiemnt file manager and ftp account. But my page http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.
still "not found".

9. The question is there anything I have to do to make my page appear?. Or there delay day until my account will work?. Or I put the files in home directory. Is that right?

First of all, when you question about your hosting either post in HOSTED MEMBER area or Questions & Queries section, NOT in the Free Hosting Request section. I'm moving this to Questions & Queries.Second, when anyone activates hosting account it resets to 2 hosting credits. If activating only took 10 out of your credits, you can build up 1000 hosting credits, take away only 10 and you'll have 990 hosting credits left. This resetting of hosting credits ensures that the hosting credit system is fair and keeps you activated in the forum (as TOS stated). Every 14 minutes or so you lose 0.1 hosting credits.As of August 13th, 3:42am GMT-5 your site is working and I can see your site. If you are having issue viewing your site perhaps it's your ISP or your computer issue. Don't forget to add Xisto.com as your trusted site if you have any unsecured sites blocked through your browser.If you are still hung up on "I didn't receive the confirmation email" again if you have spam filter on your email box simply deleted or it was never delivered by your ISP or your email server.

.... If activating only took 10 out of your credits, you can build up 1000 hosting credits, take away only 10 and you'll have 990 hosting credits left

You said that. So I expect if I had 30.7 points take away only 10 and I'll have 20.7. Otherwise why i didn't ask the package 2. How I can now change it to package 2. It is need your intervention.

What he said was an example.Anyone that requests hosing gets reduced down to 2 credits once approved. After your apporved you need to build back your credits to keep your site active.If you want package 2 you need to request it in the upgrade package forum.

What he said was an example.

Anyone that requests hosing gets reduced down to 2 credits once approved. After your apporved you need to build back your credits to keep your site active.

If you want package 2 you need to request it in the upgrade package forum.

173889[/snapback]

Anyhow it is benfitless lesson. Because it will not repeated. But I will not forget that.

Nowhere this rule was mentioned.

If I know that why I didn't wait more post and ask package 2.

Now you sugested that I asked in upgrade forum. But already I lost 40 points my points. I have from today post only 10 points. THAT IS THE POINT WHICH I WANT TO FIX AFTER REALISE THE REALITY.

I want others knows about that and not repeat my situation.

The lesson for others: Apply for the package 1 when you get 10 points. Or wait and ask package 2 when you get 30 points.

Thanks for my birthday's present

Sorry, after I posted what I said in the shoutbox I had to leave and I didn't even know that it gets reset because I got Package 2 my first time so it seemed like it took the correct amount of Credits.

Anyhow it is benfitless lesson. Because it will not repeated. But I will not forget that.

Nowhere this rule was mentioned.

If I know that why I didn't wait more post and  ask package 2.

Now you sugested that I asked in upgrade forum. But already I lost 40 points my points. I have from today post only 10 points. THAT IS THE POINT WHICH I WANT TO FIX AFTER REALISE THE REALITY.

I want others knows about that and not repeat my situation.

The lesson for others: Apply for the package 1 when you get 10 points. Or wait and ask package 2 when you get 30 points.

Thanks for my birthday's present

173905[/snapback]

Nowhere in the rule says that you will be taken only 10 credits away. It says (to paraphrase) you NEED 10 credits to be QUALIFIED for package 1 and 30 for package 2. It does not mention anywhere that it will ONLY take 10 or 30 credits away, respectively. It's been discussed in the support forum as well as in the hosted forum. There's no lesson for others to learn because it's all understood at the beginning. Everyone who applies for packages are fully aware of what is required for free hosting packages, unless TOS wasn't read and understood correctly. It's not something new to this forum or to others. It is up to individuals to know whether package 1 or package 2 is right for them.

Seems like you're unhappy with the hosting credit system. I'm sorry you feel that way. But you don't have to bold your words to get your point across. You also don't have to be combative with your words to be satisfied.

I'm not sure if your words are sarcastic or genuine... either way, enjoy your hosting but if you feel this forum does not fulfill your hosting needs, we won't hold you up staying here.

Congratulations on your free web hosting -_-

Nowhere in the rule says that you will be taken only 10 credits away. It says (to paraphrase) you NEED 10 credits to be QUALIFIED for package 1 and 30 for package 2. It does not mention anywhere that it will ONLY take 10 or 30 credits away, respectively. It's been discussed in the support forum as well as in the hosted forum. There's no lesson for others to learn because it's all understood at the beginning. Everyone who applies for packages are fully aware of what is required for free hosting packages, unless TOS wasn't read and understood correctly. It's not something new to this forum or to others. It is up to individuals to know whether package 1 or package 2 is right for them.

Seems like you're unhappy with the hosting credit system. I'm sorry you feel that way. But you don't have to bold your words to get your point across. You also don't have to be combative with your words to be satisfied.

I'm not sure if your words are sarcastic or genuine... either way, enjoy your hosting but if you feel this forum does not fulfill your hosting needs, we won't hold you up staying here.

Congratulations on your free web hosting -_-

173913[/snapback]

I hope this one close the matter because I don't like to not respond to the many accusation or misunderstanding

- I don't against the credit system.

- I am enjoying the forum even I am busy.

- I am bolding because I do that fo myself because I am old man[61 years] and not for another reason.

- I understand the logical meaning in rules and TOS.

- I aware as the others that the package 1 needs 1o credit and package 2 needs 30 credit.

- This exactly equivalent to spend 10 points to package 1 and 30 for package 2.

- To optimize , I should apply direct when I had reached 10 points.

- You have to agree that if I know that then when I have 30 points, I should applied for 2 package and left me with same days.

- to not repeat the problem, I will apply for upgrade once I reached 30 days [if I am not mistaken] even the logic says if I upgrade I have to get 20 point. not 30. Anyhow I will argue further.

- THAN YOU

I think there is this bit of mis-understanding.Hosting Credits system is generous. Well, I have made it so. I can understand the feeling you've been though when your 40 credits were taken away. But, this is also a fact that most members never wait so much. Credits system has 2 phases. One is before hosting account is granted. Where your credits are not reduced with respect to time. The second one is after you get your hosting. Where it starts tracking forum activity and gives you proportionate credits. Not only that, it has to reduce it slowly so that after they expire, your account is suspended. This system is complicated. So, once you activate your hosting, We have to reset it and the credits system is in phase 2.Here is the thing that happened.You asked for package 1. We gave you package 1. When we Approve accounts, We dont check your credits. They system does it automatically when you activate. There are members, who have lots of credits but opt for package 1 since they do not require higher package or large storage. However, in your case, you requested package 1. Now, you must have been active then and you managed to collect 40 credits. Then when you finally activated your account, your credits were reset and phase 2 started. This is how, things messed up. Usually, other members activate as soon as they get the credits. (thats what I have seen in 99% cases). Most of them, just wait till 10 credits and apply. They resume posting only after they are assured that Xisto is really a true host and it does offer what it says.I am sorry if you feel offended by any of my staff members and appologize for the credits that you have lost. But I am sure, our hosting features are worth it -_-