xisto Community
msdeeva

What's The Best Content Management Software?

I'm thinking of using Mambo Open Source because I saw WYSIWYG was included to help design your site, but I'm not sure if I should go with it.What are you all using, and what do you find to be the most user friendly. I'm new to PHP (translation: I don't know what the hell I'm doing), so what would be the easiest for me to put up. I've already designed my site in Frontpage with frames, but I'm ready for a more grown up site.Let me know.Thanks -_-

talking it just better to tring it.you just go to sf.netand opensourcecms.com just choose what you like but not others said""this is the best"best not fit for reality nee of us i think.sometimes ago i installed so many content management system even used over all my diskspaces and mysql data..at the end i just don't know what the cms aware i should install they all got so many plugins and big storage.so i just waiting for a so small cms going on.nowdays i just use a opensource php blog for my index page and i install a forum for my communication place.the blog is os and can created to htm pages.i'd not so like it because the style and the css even not better than any cms i ever installed.i always feel left is higher but right is heavier when i click one of my article of blog.-_-.what i wanna to say is there are so many cmses.but so many have mutiple language support.i just know there is a wiki named media wiki can support many languages,then sorts of people from all over the world not the same country and not the same language can use that.but i didn't like wiki.i'm just searching a cms for the site owner can edit and add article.it must can created html pages.you know html pages can been noticed by search enginne more chances than php or asp dynamic pages.there i give you some advice.as blog you can choose: pivotas cms you can choose : drual cms.what i more minded is the style and beautiier to the cms system.one ugly cms the people wouldn't mind how powerful it is.

Believe this: Mambo is (BY FAR) the best choice for your CMS site. Do not change your mind if you haven't... but if you have, please re-think twice again.WYSIWYG editor is not the Main Point. I actually use Mambo and do not like using this WYSIWYG advanced editor, to be honest, the plain text as a pure HTML editor is way cooler for me -_-For Blog I rather using: WORDPRESS (which is a free Opensource software included in Fantastico features)For a Photolog, please try: PIXELPOST (FREE Opensource Software which is not included in Fantastico, but still really easy to install into your website and your SQL...)Cheers!!! :lol:

Right now I'm using Mambo on my website -_- mambo is my first CMS that successly installed, past I've tried to use php nuke but after several attempt to install it, I gave up.. I don't know why when I try to connect to my database it always says failed.Anyway, Mambo is good choice. You can download components, modules, and even template for free. Just have a good search :lol:

hi,I too suggest Mambo CMS. I have been using it for over 10 months now.. I found it easy to use and has quite a few features that u wud require. The community is also quite active in developing mods and components which expand the scope and provide features just like a plugin to the software...It integrates well with SMF forum and gallery from menalto... so all in all most of the features work well and the administration panel is also nice.But even after all the view, just try a few in the fantastico and get a feel. Decide which best suits ur needs and the one which has an interface to ur liking..Cheers.

I suggest creating the website from scratch. If you are not a good designer, then find free templates on the net. Then modify the images a little. Then seperate the header and the footer, then make your PHP-based page and use the include() function to include the header and the footer, and it's really easy when you are planning to change the site's design. Just change the header and the footer and you are all done. It's a good thing if you wanted your site to change the design, if there are holiday evens, example, Christmas... enjoy... Mambo is a wonderful PHP-software script, but I find it rather confusing and I can't customize it.. and i mean customize, example, removing the login and log-out box... why not try drupal and see if you like it?

Starting a website from scratch allows you the flexibility and a chance to use your creativity, but at the same time can be very time-consuming...especially if it's a very big website. I've heard a lot of good things about MAMBO, but I personally went for Wordpress CMS for my blog. If many others suggest MAMBO, there's no harm in giving it a try.

I think I'm going to try mambo. I successfully installed oscommerce, and I'm in the midst of customizing it. I had some major issues yesterday, trying to edit text. For some reason it only worked when I used a php designing tool. When I used notepad, I would get a parse error. Anyway, when I finally got that to work, I wanted to change the colors, and found out like 4 hours later that I would need to change the stylesheet in ordert to do that. So with that done, I can now start working on the content. I also found a forum module for it, so I'm going to check that out. I found one website that used their oscommerce site as their main site/cms, then attached the forum. I have no idea how they were able to make that into their main site. Any ideas? I'm trying to keep it simple. Right now I have an html site in frames (because I'm lazy and I didn't want to design each page), but I kind of want something a little bit more grown up (php :lol: ). Anyways, any feedback as to how I can have a simple cms, with a store, forum, and blog would be greatly appreciated.Thanks -_-

Thanks..For the info...I use joomla .I think there is no difference between mambo and joomla as both have same origin?Am i right?Is phpBB the best open source forum script?Would you suggest any other script(open source)?Is it a good idea to build a blog on wordpress and integrate with joomla site by just giving a link?

I would suggets you to go for XOOPS. It's a very flexible CMS and very easy to use. It's also very popular on the internet. You can find it at http://www.xoops.org/ There is a very huge community to help you out. I have been using it for past three years now and It has evolved so much.

And regarding PHPBB. I'll say that it's the best forum script

And for wordpress you just can't integrate it with Joomla as it is by just giving a link.

Well, it really depends on what you want to use it on.DokuWiki is good for small time developers. PostNuke is good for clans. Siteframe is good for blogs and community based sites. Drupal is a little better with some communities. Coranto is good for sites that just need news updated frequently, without extreme bloat.However, there are bad content management systems. Joomla is rather bloated, with a poor interface, and an even worse templating system. I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone. Siteframe can do what Joomla can with half the bloat and twice the performance. Joomla is suberior to any given content management system, I believe. phpBB is even worse for forum environments - it can't contain spambots, its CP is out of date, trying to remove multiple users is like pulling teeth even with a mod, and there isn't even a decent moderator CP. SMF is much better at what phpBB does.

Edited by Tetraca (see edit history)

For me, its Subdreamer. It costs a bit of money, which sucks, but It comes with heaps of different skins and plug-ins you can use, so its really customizable.

The main reason i use it though is because it integrates with IPB, which is the software im using for my forum. It can integrate with the other popular forum software too, so you can log in with your forums username and password, which is really convenient. Here is the link: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I think Joomla (https://www.joomla.org/) is the best CMS. It is very easy to use. You do not need any knowledge of php, html or whatever (although it will help if you did a bit). There are thousands of cool mods, themes, components e.t.c.If you're thinking of making a content site, but don't know any knowledge of php or any other internet language. Go For Joomla.

Well, it really depends on what you want to use it on.
DokuWiki is good for small time developers. PostNuke is good for clans. Siteframe is good for blogs and community based sites. Drupal is a little better with some communities. Coranto is good for sites that just need news updated frequently, without extreme bloat.

However, there are bad content management systems. Joomla is rather bloated, with a poor interface, and an even worse templating system. I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone. Siteframe can do what Joomla can with half the bloat and twice the performance. Joomla is suberior to any given content management system, I believe. phpBB is even worse for forum environments - it can't contain spambots, its CP is out of date, trying to remove multiple users is like pulling teeth even with a mod, and there isn't even a decent moderator CP. SMF is much better at what phpBB does.

Thanks....
Regarding the forum script, no doubt there exists better forum scripts than PhpBB .But ,I want a forum script which is open source/free.
Is there any better scripts than PhpBB in open source/free sw platform?