xisto Community
vusay

Big Brother Argh Even the name drives me mad

Simple - Do you like 'Big Brother'?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Right, I think you may have guessed by now that I'm not keen on Big Brother. I just don't see why we watch it when we all have neighbours. If I wanted to watch people talking then I'd watch politics. But I have better things to do then watch some gays arguing for hours. I suppose if you lke stuff like that, you might as well just go and watch hours of CCTV footage, cos there's more happening there. Anyway, I'm fed up of being angry so I'm going to go and watch Bi.., the dinner cooking. So, who else hates the house of chavs and anti-socuials (a.k.a - Big Brother - what number is it now? - 4? 5? 55? )

Hi,
I'm gonna be completely honest and open here: -
I absoloutley hate big brother. I think it is the worst, most painstakingly boring tv series ever. I have no idea why people want to watch a bunch of gays and freaks living in a house for a while. If u want to watch this sought of thing then try going to the zoo for the day...
Sorry if I've offened anyone here, cheers, Sean Webber (Alive).

It?s an awful program. I suppose there are some big brothers better than others as long as they do it in a lot of countries. All I can say it?s that spanish edition may be considered as a way of terrorism against education... and I could say that this kind of programs are degradating society even more than already was. When you don?t see them you can?t undestand why people see them but I saw the first edition (like 5 or 6 years ago) for a period and you get addicted. It?s sad but it was a period whe I spend mornings at house doing nothing until I had to go to university.But the tv reality in singer contests are even more terrible. When the program ends we have to hear that horrible albums that they make. -_-

Might as well be honest, but i like this one.I havent watched any of the ova Big brothers, simply because its a boring concept. The only reason i've got into this one is because my girlfriend watches it, so i just started watchin it wiv her. I mean yeh, all it is is people just living in a house, doing tasks etc, but the best bit about the program is the arguing, *BLEEP*ing, and moody housemates. I mean watching Craig (gay) try it on with Anthony (straight) and fight like a married couple this year was f**kin hilarious.Character Clashes are what makjes the program watcheable.Now don't get me wrong, i only watched the summary type programs on Channel 4, not the Live shows, as they are boring. . . . p.s Anthony won

I think it's a wonderful show. Even though I haven't watch it, I think it will really be a heat here in the Philippines. It's called Pinoy Big Brother, here's the website http://entertainment.abs-cbn.com/tv/shows/pbb/main it's I think a little-modified version of the original Big Brother, they modified it so that it won't be that boring. -_-

So who could like it? I watched it for about 10 mins on E4 (a channel practically dedicated to the damn show) and they were doing the most exciting thing. One was opening a drink's can and the other was lying on a sofa. But here's the best part .... they were having a conversation with each other. Isn't that exciting? And god knows how many days it was into the series Day 57 or something.

Do people really take pleasure in watching people doing nothing? I can see people being interested in C4's summary programs but not E4's, which just shows them doing anything (sitting, drinking, eating, cooking etc).

I watched a program that took the mickey out of Big Brother once. It was hilarious. It was called Big Bother and it's an episode in the series of programs called The Basil Brush Show. If you hate BB you should watch it -_-

Also watch the language in this thread, I see the bad-word filter already has had to be used...

Edit: Added Big Bother Info

Edited by cmatcmextra (see edit history)

I can honestly say I've never watched the show, and from the way the people who do watch it are talking about it, I don't think i want to see it...well i dont think id want to watch most reality shows..they're becoming redundant, cheesy and pointless...they should've stuck with the ones that worked..everyone cant cash in with a reality show and they need to stop trying

To Relitterate. . . Big Brother on E4 is boring. They never really do much cept *BLEEP* and laze around.The summary shows on C4 are koo.@cmatcmextraThe Basil Brush show??. . . . . . unless ur a child. . . and even if u r actually, that s**t is lame. . . really not funny. . . that little poxy fox just pisses me off. . .myabe i shud make a vent topic about crappy kids tv character

To Relitterate. . . Big Brother on E4 is boring. They never really do much cept *BLEEP* and laze around.The summary shows on C4 are koo.

Ditto. I wonder if anyone does actually watch E4's version...

The Basil Brush show??. . . . . . unless ur a child. . . and even if u r actually, that s**t is lame. . . really not funny. . . that little poxy fox just pisses me off. . .myabe i shud make a vent topic about crappy kids tv character

Some of his jokes are funny, some really aren't. I watched that one because I thought it was. Back on topic...

I know nothing about a show named it, but it doesn't sound like anything I'd want to watch. (I tend to use tv's exclusively for watching baseball games anyway :P)And here I thought it had to do with a social help organization in the US or else some government monitoring system for some communist country... -_-

I dont think there is nothing interesting to see. If you want watch some crazy guys watch MTV's jackass or somthing similar. For a good laugh I recommend Jerry Springer's show, and dont overwatch it! I'm serious -_-But in BB there is really noting to see. If you need drama and romance, Spanish soaps are for you :PAll of this stuff is definitely not for ME!

See! Human beings are still around. So who is obsessed with Big Brother? And 'Milovoriel', I completely agree with you. Anything that cancels the Simpsons, in my opinion, shouldn't be on. But thank god, I'm not the only person who hates it. And know, we hae the joys of 'X Factor'. Yey!! More obsessed teenagers! I really am a moody old man arn't I? Well, at least I'm not alone. Thanks everyone for re-plying. Now let's fight to moan about every issue we can. But hey - BB is over! (Now we get months of boring scoops, exclusives and a bigger chance to see the 'has-beens'.) -_-

I absolutely hate this show, I mean it is sooooo boring, especially the live coverage that goes on from about 12:45 to like 4 am when all they do is sleep, or maybe I just don't like that becuase i can't sleep, anyway apart from the show being inherantly boring, it doesn't help when the producers insist on filling the house with the most unitelligent, abnoxious and generally annoying people they can find, its a waste of valuable air time, it may be the worst show ever, oh no wait, im forgetting Celebrity Big Brother, at least that only runs for about two weeks and not 74 days (i think the last one ran for) anyway it just generally annoys me and I really don't like it and hope it is finally dead. thats my opinion anyway.oh and vusay, no you are not a moody old man I'm 17 and I agree totally with every thing you've said regarding 'reality' tv shows, I not know about reality I mean I haven't got a person with a really strong geordie (person from Newcastle (North East England), in case you don't know) who commantates on everything I do, I have no 'diary room', there ain't a single camera recording me (I hope), and I haven't ever had to do a weekly tast to get my shopping, and I've never been evicted. But apart from that its exactly like reality.