xisto Community
Goosestaf

Doom The Movie Trailer

Here's a teaser for the PC's hit video game Doom. One of the cast members is "The Rock" which seems to fit the roll in my opinion(I bet he's gonna do his signature wrestling moves to a monster).

The teaser sorta makes me think of the first "Resident Evil" film which wasn't very accurate of the game, hopefully this one is better. I'd probably watch it anyway, The Rocks a pretty good actor and I like the storyline of Doom which was scary as hell while animated so maybe it'll be a bit scarier with a real touch.

Doom Teaser Trailer
LINK

The Rock Interview
LINK

Here's a teaser for the PC's hit video game Doom. One of the cast members is "The Rock" which seems to fit the roll in my opinion(I bet he's gonna do his signature wrestling moves to a monster).

173540[/snapback]

Hollywood: ruining classic video games for 20 years.

When I saw the trailer for this movie, my first thought was trying to picture the Rock picking up a demon with a Rock Bottom and then either putting it in the Sharpshooter or hitting it with the People's Elbow.I'm also willing to bet that he's going to do the eyebrow at some point during the movie.All in all, I'll hold off judgment until I see the movie. It could be good if they go about it right.

Yeah, of the three games, I'd have to say the trailer resembles the third one the most. The trailer seemed to take place in a military base, instead of the caves and station areas of the first game, and the decor seemed to resemble the third game more, being more realistic (Which makes sense since it's a live action movie ;) ) than the others.Now, I know there have been some game-based-movie flops, like Super Mario Bros. and Street Fighter, but there have been ones that managed to pull it off, like the Mortal Kombat films, and, depending on who you ask, the Resident Evil ones. Unfortunately, the track record of this kind of thing is dubious enough that you can't really be sure if Doom will be a hit or a miss until it comes out. I'm hoping they do a great job on it though!

You liked Mortal Kombat 2? In my humble opinion, that was the worst video-game-turned-movie ever made. And though it may have been a box-office flop, I enjoyed Super Mario Bros., despite John Leguizamo.

I'll definitely agree that "Mortal Kombat: Annihilation" was not anywhere near as good as the first movie, you're right about that. The original was much better. To be honest, Super Mario Bros wasn't that bad a movie. It's main problem was that it didn't really look like the Super Mario Bros. games. Koopa looked more like a human than a giant turtle with an attitude, and the Goombas were not mushrooms. It was still good if you forget the connection to the video game and just enjoy the film ;) I just meant that it didn't do so well in theaters, not that it was necessarily a bad movie.

This movie will be crap, I can promise you that. How much thought into the story and everything would've gone into this. All it will be is just another one of Hollywoods action movies, same old, same old, been done 10 000 times now and this will be no different. Although I wouldn't mind seeing a Duke Nukem movie purely because the Duke Nukem character could provide a lot of entertainment as a testostersone charged, chavinistic bad *bottom*- the action part of the movie you might as well copy and paste from any other hollywood crapfest.

Well yea know they dont have any idea's for movies when they use games as there base for a movie.... Yes RE movie didnt really relate to the game some people didnt like it because they thought it was going to be just like the game....Personal i liked it.Doom well i knew this was coming someday.... i figure already they will change the whole thing basicly just use the base of the game.... Still pretty sweet with all this new tech in making movies plus the Rock he's a pretty good actor so i really hope this movies good Trailers are awsome.