xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
whistle

How To Dynamically Modify The Select Object? about add, remove...

I try to use javascript to dynamically modify a select object. That is, I hope to insert some new rows to or delete some rows from the select object.

The following is illustrated in the "http://www.w3schools.com/js/tryit.asp?filename=try_dom_select_remove;.

<html><head><script type="text/javascript">function formAction(){var x=document.getElementById("mySelect")x.remove(x.selectedIndex)}</script></head><body><form><select id="mySelect">	<option>Apple</option>	<option>Banana</option>	<option>Orange</option></select><input type="button" onclick="formAction()" value="Remove option"></form></body></html>

The x.remove() function does work. The toples in the select object can be removed one by one.

Then I find other methods described in "http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;. There shows the add() function.

Methods

Syntax: object.method_name()

Method Description N IE W3C

add() Adds an option to the dropdown list  4 Yes

blur() Removes focus from the dropdown list 3 4 Yes

focus() Sets focus on the dropdown list 3 4 Yes

remove() Removes an option from the dropdown list 6 4 Yes

Then I try to replace the x.remove(x.selectedIndex) by x.add(), but the browser shows an error and nothing happens. I can't not find more detail of the add() method. Can anyone tell me how to use the add() method or where more detail is?

How to pass selected value into scriptletHow To Dynamically Modify The Select Object?

How to pass selected value <like selcting combobox item JSP> into scriptlet

function loadFields(metadataModelId){   if(metadataModelId.Value == null)   metadataModelId.Value = document.ContainerTypeForm.MetadataModelId.Value;     <%   for(MetadataModel model:modelsList)   {   if(model.GetId().AsString().Equals(metadataModelId) /// here it is showing error

{     fields = model.GetAllMetadataFields();   }     }   %> }

-reply by venu