xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pilgrim_of_mini-monkeys

My New Sigs I am truly a newbie at this...

Hey guys. Recently, I have been messing around in Fireworks trying my hardest to prove that it is just as good as Photoshop. So, yesterday, I decided I would make some sigs and a tutorial to make them.

They are practically the same just with minor touches. The first is the one I use and I like the most:

Posted Image

This is the one featured in my tutorial:

Posted Image

And finally, one I just messed around with:

Posted Image

Let us know what you think and any suggestions would be nice.

well i do agree to you my friend that fireworks is a good as photoshop...infact i dont use photoshop at all.....i am not good at graphics designing at all...but still there are lot of things for which i need fireworks...these days i have started using THE GIMP and i've found out that it can do almost the same things which can be achived in photoshop and the best part is that THE GIMP is free....i dont have much information about THE GIMP but now i am planning to use this as the main program...if any one know more about THE GIMP then can you tell me one thing that can we create webpages like we can in FIREWORKS like the sliceing feature of FIREWORKS...if that can be achived in THE GIMP then i am sure it will be hot fav.Thanks In Advance.

text could be better but some of them have some good depth in them, but keep working at it and you will get better.

Overall photoshop over-powers fireworks. These sigs are all "basic" when matched to photoshop. For fireworks that's pretty advanced. Nice sigs, but try being more creative with backgrounds, and not using the same one over again.

Thanks for the advice. My computer that I do my work on isn't strong enough to handle Photoshop (and wont install anyway) so at the moment I am tied to Fireworks.I agree about the background. I suppose the biggest problems I have are the lack of brushes and textures. If I had more then I would be eventually able to make better sigs (i hope). Unfortunaely, I don't think that brushes can't be imported into Fireworks yet. If anyone knows any different, please contact me.

I use Fireworks myself, and I wouldn't use anything else at the moment. Sure, Photoshop is an excellent graphics program, but not everyone has the $ to spend on it. The GIMP is great alternative. Although it has been buggy in the past, later versions have those problems fixed now (although there is always room for improvement). Anyway, I digress. Great job on the sigs. They all look great and can rival with any work done with Photoshop.

The bad thing about using a different program other than Photoshop is that you have a harder time finding resources on the Internet. For example, there seems to be allot more brushes and tutorials that are made for Photoshop.