xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Becca

An Online Radio ? I need help and advice

I need help...because a mate wants me to help him make a online radio website... But I dont know how and I'm really dumb...Does any one know where I could get like a script or what ever it uses to make one ? Please Help Me Out.

You could make a shoutcast radio station. They are really easy to set up.. It's really just a matter of installing a plugin to winamp and then configuring it to your network.

You just have to choose whether you're going to host it or whether someone else is (you wouldn't be able to broadcast the stream from here).

Be warned though.. Depending on the number of consecutive listeners and the quality of the stream you plan on.. a web cast can be EXTREMELY bandwidth intensive. Even the best residential cable/dsl account would only give you a MAXIMUM of 20 consecutive listeners @ about 56kbps (1mbps upload).

More info here:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You :)