xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The_Angel

The Biggest Bank Robbery In Brazil 's History

It's not a movie, it's for real. :P Last weekend, some thieves tunneled into a Brazilian Central Bank vault and stole 13.5 tons of bank notes ($65m). It might have taken them three months to dig the tunnel.

When I was watching the news today, I heard someone saying the one who had planned this robbery was very intelligent. I guess he isn't that much because Brazilian Federal Police has already found their fingerprints on a phone. How could they forget about wearing gloves??? -_-

Take a look at the size of the tunnel here

Wow... -_- See what things people can do when they're motivated by money... big loss for the bank, though. If someone planned to dig such a tunnel all that time, I'd say he's intelligent enough, but how are the police sure that they found the fingerprints on a phone? Was there a witness? If it's true, then the robbers (I'm sure someone didn't work alone) lacked common sense. :P

Really sure it were prepared for long time, but how come they forgot about fingerprints -_- !It took 3 months long to dig the tunnel, wow the robber must be really passion, well worth of the money they stole.

That's very impressive that something so simple and primitive could work so well. It is unfortunate, however, that it did in fact happen. Hopefully, banks and other institutions will that this event and use it to improve their security and safety systems. It is always easier to learn from other people's mistakes than from your own.

Wow...  -_- See what things people can do when they're motivated by money... big loss for the bank, though. If someone planned to dig such a tunnel all that time, I'd say he's intelligent enough, but how are the police sure that they found the fingerprints on a phone? Was there a witness? If it's true, then the robbers (I'm sure someone didn't work alone) lacked common sense.  -_-

172901[/snapback]

I don't know why the police was sure about the fingerprints.

In fact, I see those guys weren't pros. They left the van they used in a parking lot near the bank and the police found it. There were some money there and some stuff. I'm curious to know whether or not the police will caught them. :lol:

That is absouloutly crazy! That is incredible though. How could they leave the fingerprints on the phone? All that work and effort and they riun it like that. There probably well out of Brazil by now, and I reacon the chances of catching them is pretty slim. Sixty Five million pounds though - that is incredible. How did they carry it all out, or how long did it take them??!! Thats incredible. Surely there were easier ways in, still, unfortunatly they got away I suppose.

yeah like its that easy to carry out that much money, well since the fact that they dig this tunnel means that a vehicle of some sorts was waiting at the other end.But this also tells you the bank vault is way to easy to break in, but the bank is insured (hopefully).

It was really good robbery... actually I saw today on discovery...I was wondering why the bank didn't have security inside the vault???? I mean digging a 80 m long cave isn't a joke...well hats off to the robbers...-chauhan falgun

It's not a movie, it's for real. :D Last weekend, some thieves tunneled into a Brazilian Central Bank vault and stole 13.5 tons of bank notes ($65m). It might have taken them three months to dig the tunnel.
When I was watching the news today, I heard someone saying the one who had planned this robbery was very intelligent. I guess he isn't that much because Brazilian Federal Police has already found their fingerprints on a phone. How could they forget about wearing gloves??? ;)

Take a look at the size of the tunnel here

65 millions nice thats lots of money but about the smart things theres a lot of way he could make those simple mistake he could have been nervous, a lot of time when you plan or do something big you tend to forget that the simples things, like finger prints, are some of the things that can make a big difference. but you know they could have just planted the finger prints, dont ask me how, just to throww the cops of their tails or to frame some one else, because if he is very smart as you say i would not expect anything else because if i was him i'de probably do the same thing too. :rolleyes: