xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dawid

Favourite Directors

Hi, just wondering who your favourite directors are? Not just commercial and mainstream ones, lets hear from the art goons out there!Personally mine is Guy Ritchie (Snatch, Lock Stock & Two smoking barrells)- I really dig his style.

Ditto for Guy Ritchie, but I also like Vincent Gallo's "Buffalo 66" and Kevin Smith's "Clerks".As for commercial directors, gotta go with James Cameron - mainly for the two Terminator movies he directed.

My favourite director is David Lynch. I love his films, specially Eraserhead, Lost Highway, Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive. Yeah... it?s true... :blink: I don?t even understand some of his stories, but is not neccesary to appreciate his surrealistic talent and his great work in visuals and soundtracks that make their films (specially Lost Highway) audiovisual delights. In sci-fi I like the two Vincenzo Natali films (Cube and Zephyr).I also like the first Bryan Singer films, the first Kevin Smith ones, same with David Fincher... (why everybody ends up doing hollywood *BLEEP*?) by the way, that first two films of Guy Ritchie are excellent but I think Madonna has killed his filming taste. Oh, I would add Terry Gillian, Clint Eastwood and of course, the old Scorsese.And spanish directors such as Alejandro Amenabar (one more time, his earlier work), Isabel Coixet, Juanma Bajo Ulloa, Fernando Le?n, Luis Bu?uel (a classic) and one from Argentina, Adolfo Aristarain. Check them out.

george lucus and spielberg how can you forget those two they brought in more money for all their movies then any other director and you know whycuz they butcher their films and make repeats btw episode 3 rocks

Peter Jackson and Ridley Scott are two good directors of their genres that are superb filmakers. I also like the Wronskili brothers (or some such name), who did the Matrix. Its really well directed, even though I don't like the second and third ones. Spielberg rocks, although I'm not sure how much directing George Lucus actually does. I think he's mostly producer.