xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
heavensounds

Identity Hackers Discovered!

During researches of a preety widespread and dangerous browser hijack, named CoolWebSearch, investigators discovered a big identity theft in which mean people used this tool.This version of program turns the computer into a spammer tool and what is even worse, it sends a bunch of personal data and files (E-Bay, holiday plans, passwords, usernames, telephone numbers,...) on a server that is located in the USA.The whole story can be read at Pc World!

...You misread/didnt read his post didnt you? He said that a toolbar thingy was stealing peoples identitys and sending them to everybody. Meh....i dont use any toolbar/browser improvement crap so...im safe -_-

I've heard of CoolWebSearch....I didn't know it could do all of that, though. Also, it installs on its own, so you don't even know you have it (unless you do a spyware scan). A while back, I'd do a scan, and it would almost always be detected.

Are you sure you can find out how to find hackers. I want to know if i get hacked on my forums how to find out who it is. So if someone can tell me please tell.

172710[/snapback]

Hackers are very hard to track, who knows one of us here is a hackers but offcourse no one knows right?

If you know the rules of hacking like, When you get in you must get out.

Don't destroy any files or data when you hack or else you will be track down.

Don't hack goverment agencies or any computers belong to the goverment they have all the time to track you down.

Don't leave any mark when you hack.

Don't stay too long inside the computer you hack in.

See, with these rules tell me how you can find the hackers???

There are agencies hired hackers for a purpose, infact, there are agencies also that the job is to hack, hack and hack.... they are intellegent person and a very potential users of computer....

They will be hard to find who but there here always online... -_-

Heh, that CoolWebSearch annoys me. My dad is careless about the sites he goes to, *cough* so he often picks it up. When I notice something's wrong I scan for adware and see the CoolWebSearch thing. Then, I proceed to eliminate it. I didn't know it was meant for that purpose. I hate webtoolbars anyway. I like it clean and simple, that's why I like Firefox, the addons aren't bad at all. -_-