xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
holyium

cooling solution is not the real solution

i recently purchased various fans for my cpu and graphics cards hoping that it will help cool my comp down which it does :D the problem is it makes it as loud as runnning water which really pisses me off :) i thought to myself i wasted like a hundred bucks on *BLEEP* that makes it even louder omg :) wat am i to do?

You could try replacing the CPU heatsink/fan combo with one that has an adjustable dial. I bought one the other day and it's got a pci add-in card that has a little dial on the back. When i'm using Word, i turn it down, when I'm playing games, I can turn it up.

Surround your PC in a styrofoam/ carboard castle!!! It looks hella ugly but it makes it a lot quieter. I use it so the sound doesnt bother me when I am sleeping :)

Another thing you can do is to plug in the 12V case fans into the 5V outputs of the PSU. This will have them turning in much lower speeds to produce much less sound but decrease their cooling capacities. Also as this involves hacking into PSU or other parts or cables it will void all sorts of warranties and blow up your computer if you are not careful enough.Best is to get a liquid cooling solution, I've still to do that... its kinda expensive unless you have something like an old fridge lying around somewhere (then again, old fridges are loud too!) :rolleyes:

What do you estimate as the average cost to install a water cooled system? Do i need to run a water pipe to the computer as well? It sound interesting, but i dont want it if its going to cost me too much.