xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CkMsc9

What Is The Best Os(operating System)? Is it, Unix,Microsoft,Apple,Linux, etc.?

What is the best OS(Operating System)????  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi allIn my oppinion,your os list could have been better defined,but then again,I am a geek,so :)I have used different distributions of linux,and all versions of windows,begining with 3.1.Linux is by far,the best os,but depending on your needs.If you wish to work with video material and high quality graphics,you should definitely choose a macintosh with any of their os's.That's quality software.If you mainly need a stable server environment,or stable development environment,that is in the same time secure,use any of the linux distros you like.They are all similar in the basics,with slight differences.Use windows if you have adventurist spirit,or if speed and reliability are not that big priority.It's a sad fact that people base their oppinions on how much users one prodact has.Just because,for example,1,000,000 people uses windows,and only 300,000 people use linux,doesn't mean that windows is better.Windows just appears easier than linux,when basicaly,they are very similar.As a side note, X Window System is not an operating system,it is a GUI for use with linux. Maybe an option linux - text mode, and linux - x windows, could have been a better choice.All in all,my oppinion and selection is linux.Cheers

i personally like windows cuz most of the softwares are compatible with that..and plus in linux u mite have to go searching for some softwares....................so i wud personall prefer windows

I'm a windows user but I still think that linux is the most secure and stable OS ever. But that's still not my choice for the BEST OS. The best OS has to stable, secure and User-friendly. Windows XP passes the user-friendly and stable (sort of) part of the test, but not the security. Even with spyware blockers, anti virus, and firewalls, you still can't keep spyware out of your system. Linux can't be called user friendly since there are so many distros that have software imcompatible with each other and requirers a lot tech knowledge just to login the right way.That leaves only one OS left: Mac. Apple has innovating for years only to have every idea that it makes get stolen by another computer company. But now they came up with a perfect Os that cannot be beat by any OS so far. Mac definity wins where the other OS's don't.Don't get me wrong, personaly I HATE macs. I have never been able to get used to them myself but whenever I see some random computer n00b using a Mac perfectly without any problems I just have to envy the Mac side of computers. Apple has the most stylish, user friendly, and whateverelseimforgeting products EVER.

I would have to say i love Linux - Debian , it's a great linux distro . It offer's so much , it's not what you call 100% user friendly but after getting the hang of it , it's a simple to use OS and run's wonderfull on my system. Most do not prefer Linux for desktop but i find it best for desktop , with a decent PC you can emulate basically anything you wish without the hassle of a windows OS (eew) :)