xisto Community
faith

Playstation Sensory myth or true?

Ive heard aobut a new playstayion that has sensory capabilities, I think i even saw it on the news one day. Basically what it is is a new playstation, and if your eating something INSIDE the game, You'll TASTE it in real life, and if your racing a car and u burnout, youll smell the rubber, and feel the car viberating. Its supposed to find a certain part in your brain, the part where it senses everything, (feel, touch, taste, see, and hear) and it like modifies it to the game. It seems very interesting, and i was wondering if anyone new anythign else about it, im guessing if it is true, when it does come out in the future, how expensive do you think it is? i hear the new Xbox 360 is sround 400$ so the the PS im talkgin about has to be major $$!

Edited by Klass (see edit history)

That sounds really unrealistic for our time period, especially for a game system. I'm sure its just a rumor.

Sony have been playing with that sort of technology for a while, but its going to be a good few years until that actualy comes out somewhere, its all to do with stimulaying parts of the brain with electrisity, sounds a bit scary to me...There is the PS3 coming 2006, thats got nothing to do with this experiment Sony have been trying...

Faith, I think what you're referring to is a Sony commercial that aired like 3 years ago. It featured a glimpse at the fictional Playstation 9, if my memory serves me correctly; an optimistic vision of the future, to be sure.Also, the word "censored" has nothing to do with sensors. It means "silenced" or "purged", as in a book that is censored due to political content, or a movie that is censored to keep out nudity.

Also, the word "censored" has nothing to do with sensors. It means "silenced" or "purged", as in a book that is censored due to political content, or a movie that is censored to keep out nudity.

172206[/snapback]

He actually did have "sensored" in the title before a mod came by and changed it. He meant sensory playstation.

Fixed the title as whoever changed it does not know the difference between censored ****** and sensory which is sight, sound, taste, hearing, smell, etc.Also I think it will not make the PS3 cut as it would have been at E3.For this to happen you will need to have the "Sensory" items built into the Playstation.If this is for a majority of the games that is alot of Sensory items to have.I would be interested to see this happen but highly doubt it will in the near future. Maybe the distant future.

I'm not so sure I like the thought of Sony pumping electricity into my brain, but any way it would be cool if video games could have a (seemingly) physical effect on the body (ain't too sure on being shot though (ok so it probably wouldn't kill you but it would hurt like hell). Unfortunately I do not think this will be commercially available for a long time to come. p.s whatever you do don't tell microsoft about this, I mean if they out this in the xbox they could possible (and most probably would) use this to brianwash everyone it to using Windows and Internet Explorer. (if anyone from Microsoft reads this please don't sue me)

lol very well seaid dontmaimyourself i kind of agree with you about hte whole being hsot thing and getting electricity pumped into my head, but im nto to sure aobut that whole brainwash thing... lol

Ive heard aobut a new playstayion that has sensory capabilities, I think i even saw it on the news one day. Basically what it is is a new playstation, and if your eating something INSIDE the game, You'll TASTE it in real life, and if your racing a car and u burnout, youll smell the rubber, and feel the car viberating. Its supposed to find a certain part in your brain, the part where it senses everything, (feel, touch, taste, see, and hear) and it like modifies it to the game.  It seems very interesting, and i was wondering if anyone new anythign else about it, im guessing if it is true, when it does come out in the future, how expensive do you think it is? i hear the new Xbox 360 is sround 400$ so the the PS im talkgin about has to be major $$!

171858[/snapback]

That would be very cool in the future to have stuff like that. Im more in the competitve gaming area and Im not sure if its something that is fun with continuous use.

We are years and years away from that ever happening. Im sure Sony has been testing with this tecnology for awhile, but theyd have to do a hell of alot of testing, lwt alone get approval from FDA or wherever u get approval for that kind of stuff at..lol even though id like to see it, i d b surprised if i even saw it before my lifetime

Hmmm, sounds interesting and STRANGE, weird, unusual, whatever you want to call it. I like sony (hence the name sonyguy) but the idea of them messing about with my brain has turned me off of them a bit and personally I do not think this is a good insight into what the future holds.Although it would be extremely cool, having even more wires (which you would probably have to put all over your body) and paying extreme prices would turn me off their product, not make me want to buy it -_-