xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Milovoriel

Untimely Death Of Robin Cook .....

Robin Cook died suddenly yesterday after collapsing whilst on a walk with his wife in his native Scotland .....

A leading UK parliamentarian, he showed true integrity by voting against his own party re going to war with Iraq, stating that he "could not support the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq without the agreement of the United Nations" .... he then resigned from the Government in protest ....

A former UK foreign secretary from 1997-2001, he would have perhaps reached the heights of Prime Minister had it not been for "issues" in his personal life .... he is reported to have had numerous affairs .... silly man!

Mr Cook was highly respected on all sides of the House of Commons for his intelligect and strong principles .... he was a fearsome debater and apparently did "not suffer fools gladly"....

It is rumoured that he may have returned to Government in the near future ....

a sad day! ....

Posted Image

1946 - 2005

This is a very untimely dead indeed. He was a very good parliamentarian, who could sacrifice his position for the sake of what he thought was good quite going on right, specially Iraq situation. It was a very bold move on the part of the then Foreign Secretary of United Kingdom. His face is quite familiar with me as I had seen him in Television and over internet. One like him deserves to live longer and serve the country more. He is still very young and has lots of years to spend in public life. I agree, he may be back soon once Blair is replaced by Brown.