xisto Community
thablkpanda

Trap17 Downtime Precentage... Humm, this makes me think...

Through some quick mental math, I just devised that Xisto has a mathematical 5-day lapse of downtime allowed (seeing as we advertise 99.9%) out of a mathematical 365.5 day year.So five days eh? What is the forum-wide opinion on this? And how many days does that leave us? (With it being August.. )Maybe I just like causing trouble.. lmao.. but really.Panda

Nice work - watch it be Christmas holidays or whatnot. Hey, even servers need a break once in a while!

Of course, all of the downtime I have experienced has never been any more than a few hours. In a year, I doubt they would ever add up to a mathematical (:D) 120 hours.

Even major ISPs have downtime, well for hardcore websurfers this information is crucial, but for others this information means 100%.

even do I havent had the host for much time i havent had no down time for the moment I just have to say that this host is realy kool. I want to thnx Xisto and there effort to keep this host alive keep up the good work and offers .Atte. exorcista

We dont create downtimes or pull the plug as per a schedule. Being a free host, people must try to understand that, some of our members host with us for learning. They learn and they execute scripts. The fact is, some of the scripts which are badly programmed end up slowing down the server. We try our level best to keep up the uptime.Till date, I have suspended 100's of accounts for bringing down the server. When the problem was very major one, I even announced the account info. If you check our forums, We have had cases with paypal since one of our members was trying to send mass emails (phishing) as PayPal.We have been through cases where members were found to be distributing codes and programs which was made to bring down our forums. There are many things that do happen behind the scenes. The posting at the forum is one thing which is not as effective as asking the members to pay. When a member pays for hosting, He loses money, if his account is suspended. That is one reason, why my paid servers are not been spammed so heavily as the free ones. The members on free servers have nothing to lose if their account is suspended. The hosting credit system is soo kind that gaining 10 credits is like a childs play. It hardly takes 10 mins to get those and the person can have another account here. My point is, We try our level best to keep up with the uptime. Please support and help us.

You know OpaQue is really right. There are some hosting companies there who always says that they are 100% uptime but after a few weeks, they are down. You are lucky you have a very stable and free host to host your site. No other hosts offer that kind of features, in my opinion. Plus, Xisto have been always reliable since it was started. I think after a few month's from now, will be Xisto's first anniversary... :D

Any problems I've had since joining Xisto have mainly been from my end .... and even then the mods do there level best to help me out ....

I'm real happy with the service here .... and it's FREE for goodness sake!

Posted Image

I think that if it weren't for the bad scripts running once a while, then Xisto will have a 100% downtime, but as OpaQue mentioned, the 100 accounts were what was killing Xisto hosting servers.