xisto Community
green fairy

Photoshop Painting Effect Using Filters

This effect is extremely easy to do. Let me show you how to make an ordinary image into a painting using only two filters:

1) Open your image in Photoshop. For this tutorial This effect tends to work pretty well with furniture for some reason, so I will be using this modern style image to turn into a painting looking image:

Posted Image

(Click to make bigger)

2) Go to Filter -> Artistic -> Poster Edges. You can play around with the settings if you want. This is what I used:

Posted Image

3) Now go to Filter -> Artistic -> Cutout. You can play around there too if you want, but here's what I used:

Posted Image

4) That's all! You're done! My result looks like this:

Posted Image

(Click to make bigger)

Here's another example of the effect. This time done with a little doggie:

Posted ImagePosted Image

(Click to make bigger)

Hope you like the effect. You should try it, it super easy. That's what I like so much about filters. You just can't mess it up :D

I wuv the dog one! It's a baby bull terrier (Spuds Mckenzie :D)I love using the cutout on some of the art that I do but I always screw it up somehow. Great work :D