xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tigen28

What To Look For In A Webhost uptime, make sure they mention about it

A couple hours ago, I came to decide that uptime is very important.You might say, DUH!, but it can be very tricky if you are not experience with frequent downtime hosts. I mean, those hosts that have frequent downtimes, they don't list their uptime as like 80%. They don't mention anything about uptime but they probably mention all the features that you want though, like php, mysql database, a lot of bandwidth, and instant activation. However, if "uptime" is not on your mind, and you are just looking for features you have to have, like php, etc., you may just signup, upload all your files, then DOWNTIME.Yes, that is the experience that I've been having. Downtime as an occurance that happens daily.This post is to share my experience and my advise for you to value the word "UPTIME" in any webhosts that you decide to try out.Yes, I love the fact that Xisto has the ability to advertise their uptime, not like those hosts who's been taking advantage of my ignorance.

when i first was looking for a webhost i never looked at the uptime,because everywhere it was like 99,99%. Well they said it was so much.i just look at the mysql databases and stuff, because you dont have those everywere.

yeah for me i didn't worry about up time at first well i still don't i looked for the complete package so i can do what i need to do.

Every host ive used is always up, but i cant get enough space, OR, a plan that dosent include their easy management crap. I mean come on, why should it have to be so hard to upload the file? T17 has everything i need so it's a working example of what you should look for in hosts :D

Ok here is what to look for in a webhost, everything that you get here at Xisto. Here you get everything that you need space, bandwidth, databases, uptime, ect. The forums here are also good.

Uptime actually depends on the features that host provides to you. My experience is that hosts that provide php + mysql are more likely to be down then php only hosts and php only hosts are more likely to fail then html only host. Some big hosts have separate servers for apache, mysql and DNS. These sites are most susceptible to failure. I now can tell how a server fails by looking at the error message. Sometimes it is the php module, sometimes it is the SQL server and sometimes it is the DNS and even the Apache server (least likely). Xisto has a very high uptime. The admins have put great efforts in maintaining the servers.

I look for a webhost with a very high uptime, a sufficient amount of space (as in more than 100 MB) and bandwidth, FTP access, PHP and MySQL databases. So far, Xisto seems to have all these features and then some...so I'm pretty happy with what the service and the forums.

I look for price, reliability, packages, design of the control panel and site, any catches, time of activation and method of activation, whether they have subdomains or domains, whether it has ads or not (I'd do text links, but not fullfledged ads ever) and what kind of control panel I'll be having - I prefer cPanel.And yep, Xisto delivered everything.Another thing you need to look through is their legal section and their restricted material section. Some sites are lenient about mp3's, and some aren't. Also, you want to make sure they won't be charging you for something you don't want. It's best to take a careful look around the site and services before you apply for it - maybe consult other users of the service.

Whenever I used to look for a free webhosting service, I always tried to make sure that they had sufficient disk space, features, and bandwidth. I usually didn't pay attention to uptime; I just hoped for the best. I never thought that it would be such a big deal, until I started experiencing problems with downtime on a server I used to be on. It was terrible. Once the problems started, they never went away. There were times at which I wasn't able to access my site or account for one to two weeks at a time. The funny thing was that on the home page of the provider, it claimed that uptime was 100%. It was then that I decided it was time to look for a new webhosting provider. After some searching, I found out about Xisto. Never had a problem, and have all of the features that my previous webhost provider offered and more. Thanks again to Xisto for offering such superior webhosting with great reliability and features.

Whenever I've looked for a webhost, I've always looked for space, bandwidth, method of upload, what scripts are allowed, and what types of files are allowed. I've usually paid attenton to the amount of uptime too but nowhere near as much. If a webhost didn't state their amount of uptime, I didn't go looking for it. I always just assumed becuase all the other hosts I'd seen it on where 99.99% (or close too) that most of them where the same.I guess I've been lucky in that way, that none of the website hosts I've been with have had low uptime... I'm just unlucky that they keep closing down their free hosting after a few months. I'm glad I found Xisto. It has everything I was looking for, and it hasn't closed down. YAY!

The first thing I see for a webhost is "Price" obviously... :D Since I don't have credit card, paypal, in fact I'm just broke High School student "Free" webhost is only my hopes! :D Have a plenty of space and bandwidth to start a good website :D at least +150MB would be good. :D The important one, advertisement! I mostly looking banner free webhsoting, banner in my pages just make my website unprofessional. B) and then PHP, mysql, cpanel is a surplus :D the last one but not least Uptime...

I look for space, uptime, FTP (I mean come on, nobody can stand uploading 150 files one by one just to find out the CMS you're trying to use doesn't work), space (always important), A MySQL Database, and PHP. Never used to like post-to-host hosting, but the features here are just WAY too good to ignore. Also, I also need it to be free, since I don't have a credit card :)

sometimes,eh,maybe renting the server of your self will soluted the problem. :D and just thinking if a site getting bigger and bigger ,the downtime is a big problem confused us,we just don't know when it will down,and when it will get back.if we just don't know the downtime ,or while we just not online.we will lost so much traffic and we just not telephoned the service provider.if the money is a problem for your server.i think rent it with some friends is a good ways.choose a good isp and enjoy our own server. :) guangdian

I usually look for something that's FREE, has a decent web space allocation, has PHP and MySQL support (you usually don't get it for free, except here in trap) and a good bandwidth.