xisto Community
snlildude87

Homer Simpson Popout Sig playing around with photoshop

All right guys, I was playing going through all my renders to see what I could do with each one, and I saw a render of Homer Simpson. It was big enough, so I thought, "Hey! This bald dude looks like he could popout of a sig."

Anyway, here he is:

Posted Image

I also made like 50,000 other sigs today, but I just had to post this one first. Whadayathink?

It doesn't seem like the background is very Homer-y and you blended a bit of the background into his white shirt, which looks a little awkward though. You might try a more comic font, something bubbly. I like the text, render, and idea of the sig, but it needs to have more of a theme to it.7/10

biscuitrat suggested using a more comic font. Try 'Akbar', its the exact same font used by Matt Groening on the Simpsons.

I agree, the background doesn't seem to fit with Homer at all.

This Akbar font would be perfect. I think that Homer would like vectors or a retro theme. Or perhaps the tradition Simpson clouds?

i have to agree ***gasp***i would have gone with maybe grunge in simpson colors to make it blend in more.and the shirt yeah i wouldnld have blended it in well with these colors at least.6/10

Hah, it's a nice popout (love that expression) and it's a nice bg, they just don't mix very well. But don't get me wrong, it's a great sig. One of your best, perhaps? :D

had the funniest idea finda render with a doughnut in his hands that would look sweet hahahaha.and the text would hmmm doooughnuts XP

Ya, I agree with all of them. Not to 'Homer-y'. Try using grunge brushes to make the clouds like someone else said. Not much really good goes with homer so you have to be creative.6/10(LOVE the bg though.)

if you where trying to do that i would have gone with putting a window in the background and thus your broken, glass effect.

That's not what it looked like, but oh well :/

I mean, if I wanted to make it comicy, I would have done that by NOT using a hard grunge brush. C'mon, people. I've been photoshopping for a week. Not a newbie anymore. <__< :D :D

171335[/snapback]

That's true, but it would have looked better comic-y. I mean, Homer and hard grunge don't mix. Unless he's drunk.