xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Solar

Help With A Portal System...

Is there anyone wo can help me here? Before I found Xisto, I was using another free hosting service without cPanel and all. Anyways, I'm trying to install a portal system called PHPX [http://www.xmtek.net/], and me being a complete newbie to all this "Upload FTP" "Active MySQL" that... I've come here for help until I can get cPanel here xD.I've uploaded all the files in the download to my FTP server/MySQL database thing, but I get an error, something like "Cannot connect root@localhost to MySQL" and it just shows that. Has anyone of you used PHPX before, and if you haven't, could you help me out?Er, thanks in advance. :D

Edit to the last post. (Can a mod delete this post and add it in to my last one?)

I did figure out the actual error. It is:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /usr/export/www/hosting/retina/admin/includes/db.inc.php on line 14MySQL Connection Failed

OK, I have never used PHPX but I can take a pretty good guess as to what has gone wrong. If there is a file called install.php or a folder called install, make sure that is uploaded then type in the address to it. e.g. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ should then be asked for some settings you need to fill in. When you reach the database bit, put in localhost as the host, your cPanel username for the username and your cPanel password for the password. You will also be asked for a database. You need to set this up in cPanel. Under databases somewhere there is an icon labelled Create MySQL Database. Click it and type in phpx as the name. Then go back to the installer and type in username_phpx as the database (replacing username with your cPanel username).If there is no folder or file called install or setup or anything like that then check the README.txt file or check on their website.