xisto Community
Saint_Michael

Saint-michaels First Photoshop Tutorial filter tricks with motion blur

well this is going to be my first blow tutorial, well sort of since all you will be learning is a filter trick that picked up, so lets get down to the basics

Step 1:start your computer

Step 2: start adobe photoshop 7, 8(CS 1) , 9 (CS 2)

Step 3: the next part well i would have to say use a big size document the one i used was 372x478 since i used the original size of the render when i start this project.

Step 4: next you pick your render, i highly recommend getting a renders that doing some sort of action that requires motion, the one i used was a carnage/venom render.

Step 5: with the default settings for color as vlack and white click on filters then render then to clouds and this is what you should have so far/

click here

Step 6: next grab your lasso tool and select an area around your image, which will be the point where the motion blur will begin and spread out.

click here

Step 7:next you want to go to select in your menu then click inverse, or hold the keys (shift+ctrl+I)when you do this you are selcting the whole document where the motion blur will spread out like this

click here

Step 8: ok the next step you go to filters then to blur then to motion blur, with selcted you have a preview menu of what the image will look like, well this is where you can test to see what settings you want, well for this image i chose -54 degrees for the angle of the motion blur then for the distance i picked 40px with this i blur the render just enough were its in action.

click here

By now you should have a action render with motion blur at an angle.

Step 9: next click on inverse or hold (shift+ctrl+I) and select the original area of the lasso, then go to filter then to blur then to blur more click on it once and the area selecred should look a little blured. After that hold (ctrl+alt+f) ro slecte the filter again do it as many times as you want to give the render that action motion that you want to use.

click here

ok now this is what your final product should be after following these simples steps.

click here

Step 10: now its up to you want colors, brushes and other options you would ike to use to make your motion image comes to life.

well this is what i came up with after days later.

Posted Image

and there you go you have youself a successful motion blurred action render.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Edited as requested.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

i like it, but do you want people to see it is a picture of spiderman?because i first had to look at ur begin picture to see it was something of spider man...i think if you blur more and more... you have a cool background, because not many people can see it is spiderman.

Step 2: start adobe photoshop 7, 8(CS 1) , 9 (CS 2)

You want us to open all of these? You may want to put an "or" in there...

Anyway, nice tutorial, but the use of the blur could have been more creative.

You want us to open all of these? You may want to put an "or" in there...

Anyway, nice tutorial, but the use of the blur could have been more creative.

170653[/snapback]

Lol, I'm sure you know what was meant.

What's with all the sig tutorials now? *sigh* :D

Why does it say Carnage though?

170655[/snapback]

There's "all the sig tutorials now", so noobs like you don't stay noob forever. :D

Just smile and nod your head.

It says carnage because the red one is carnage. Not spidey. :D

That's why he's all bulky and such. And has Gene Simmons' tongue.

Mike, I think it'd look better if the blur was turned down just a bit, and the text was different. The way you have it now ruins the "motion" in there.

Not a bad tutorial though. :D

mucho deniro, well snlil if you read more comics you would know that was not spider-man..

[1] There's "all the sig tutorials now", so noobs like you don't stay noob forever. :D

Just smile and nod your head.

[2] It says carnage because the red one is carnage. Not spidey. :D

170762[/snapback]

[1] I'm a n00b. :D

[2] I'm sorry. I don't read comics. Books are much better.

Anyway, Michael, the blur here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png is too much for me. I mean, the last time I saw someone move like that was...never.

[1] I'm a n00b. :D

[2] I'm sorry. I don't read comics. Books are much better.

Anyway, Michael, the blur here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png is too much for me. I mean, the last time I saw someone move like that was...never.

170794[/snapback]

[1] Don't worry about it...we'll make you pro in no time. Once we have a pro on the site. :D

[2] No they aren't. I'll fight you on that forever.

I agree that it's too blurry - might have been better if you left it around the step 7 stage :/