xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kasm

3600-year-old Egyptian Statue Found Discovery

A 1.8m-tall statue of Egypt's King Neferhotep I has been brought to light in the ruins of Thebes, the capital of ancient Egypt [ now city of Luxor] by a team of French archaeologists were carrying out repairs around Karnak Temple in the southern.

Posted Image

Details at:

1. Press Release of the Egyptian Supreme Council of Antiquities (SCA)

2, Statue of Egyptian pharaoh found after nearly 3,600 years, AFP

-------

with regards of kasm

well even though its impressive that they keep on finding stuff, i think its getting kind tedious to keep on finding stuff from an ancient society that we know so much about. yeah their are still mysteries we need to figure out but then once they figure it out it doesn't seem that impressive i say let the land of the ancient eypytians remain a mystery.

Nice find :D It interests me to find out what life was like thousand of years ago. In some ways the technology and inventions were more advanced than the ones we have now.

Great discovery, even it's buried for about 3600 years old, it seems like the statue in perfect condition and if someone not tell me it's 3600 years old I will thought it was just created 1-2years ago :Dold Egyptians is really good architect