xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sader

Save Database To Harddrive Save database to harddrive

Is it possible save database from this server to my harddrive :D or notI couldn't find right opration in myPhpadmin.I found "export" button in this tool but there are so many options and I am a little afraid to use it becouse I don't want to loos my data(actualy I wan save it :D ).Or maybe it can be done throuth ftp browser?There are a lot of defoult folders (I even don't know for what are thay. I know just bublic_html) on my site location so maybe my data are holdet there... :DSo is there way to save my databases :D Thanx in advice

You can backup your database and download into your harddrive. Will that work for you? I'm not proficient with database (I just don't trust anything that's out of my reach although Xisto's been really reliable) so I don't have the working experience. But I'm sure our members can lead you to the right place.You will see it in the cPanel > phpMyadmin > exportand use the option Save As File. When you are saving as a file (select the file type) you will not disturb any current database.

Yeah, to export your mysql database, select the name of your database and wait for the options to load.Then, select the export tab. If i remember correctly, all the default selection are alright to use; so all you have to do is type a name for the saved file to be and click "SAVE"It should be in .sql file type. Take note of where the file is saved to and download it to your computer using an ftp program. You can also saved it through your browser it think, but i'm not sure how you can save it as .sql file extension.Well, at least I'm pretty sure the ftp program will download it for me.

yup,Follow these steps to backup:Go to phpMyAdmin, select the database u want to backup.Then select the "Export" tab. Select the tables that u want to backup in the Export combo box, use control to select multiple or select all if u want all the tables.Check "Drop Table" and "If not Exist" boxes in the structure section.*This means that it wud add a statement to drop an existing table if it exists when u use this backup for restoring data.*The "if not exist" clause would create the table if it does not exist or has been dropped.****chek the "Drop Table" box only if you do not mind losing data that might have been added since last backup****The "If not exists" is a harmless clause.Check the "Complete Inserts" box in the Data section.check the "Save as file" checkbox and click on "GO".The export sql file will be generated and you will be prompted to save it to ur disk.U r done with the backup. IF u want to restore from this file, just go to import, browse to this file and run it.. The whole set of sql statements in the file will execute and the data in the selected tables will be restored.Cheers.

Hmm.. I don't backup my mySQL databases like that, i use cPanel.Here's what you need to do:1. Open your cPanel page and fill your login details, then go to "Backup" section;2. Then look for the "Download a MySQL Database Backup" section. There should be your mySQL databases, ordered by name.3. Just click on one of them to download. -_-If you need to restore the backup database:1. Login again to cPanel and access the "Backup" section;2. Look for the field called: Restore a MySQL Database. Browse to your backup database location and hit "Upload".3. There you are, you've succesful uploaded your previous mySQL backup database.Last note, you can do in the "Backup" page, full backups of the website, featuring all the files and cpanel configuration. Now the "Full Backup" does NOT backup your mySQL databases.So you'll have to download always your databases separatly of your main site backup.Just a small warning. :lol: