xisto Community
Shengeta

Everytime I Try A New Web Host

I found a pretty good free host, it had everything I needed, but the webmaster was kind of a *BLEEP*, so I left. I was really relieved when I found Xisto. There's plenty of space and bandwidth for my needs, which is excellent. So far Xisto has been excellent for me. It's not hard to keep the service, no ads, and a fully functional cpanel. Couldn't be much better for me!

It's good to see nice venting every once in a while!  :lol:

It's a little hard for me to think of things to say in forums, but there are so many topics that it makes it easy here. I've been at 3 other webhosting places that have gone away without warning and many more that were filled with ads. I really love this place, man. *group hug*  -_-

170788[/snapback]

Well i guess this is a good topic to start off my first post. Anyway, I have tried many differnt free hosting sites and out of all my years the best has been websiteallies but they are not around anymore (dont know what happened). Ive tried sites such as 50megs and other stuff but they all seem to be missing something. I hope that I will be happy with the hosting here.

My two cents... the hosting here is amazing. The people rock, the features they give you rock -- it doesn't get much better than this.I love the fact that there is such a great forum here. I've learned so much off you people that I couldn't thank you enough if I tried, but thank you, thank you, thank you...Anyways, I think that posting here is great, because it keeps me in touch with all the new things that are happening in the world (and the webworld!) and it keeps me inspired to keep making better and better work -_-

When I saw the Category 'Vent" I knew what I had to vent about - crappy hosts!I see a lot of other people feel the same way.I had a great host - Hostcubed. They offered everything you could want without any catches and few restrictions, but they disappeard.Since then I have tried atleast 5 or 6 webhosts. And my main beef with them is lack of communication. I'm talking about signing up, then never hearing from them again! Was I approved?!!! Denied?!! what happened here... Did you even receive my submission request?!!! How hard is it to set up a autoresponeder?!!!!Some people on free-webhosts.com have reported waiting over a month before they heard from the webhost!!! WOW!I just signed up with two this week: One still hasn't confirmed anything, and the other sent me an email and approved me instantly, (sweet!) , I went to their site and logged on (the account actually works - double sweet), found that the only way I can upload is FTP - no problem - but wait... the FTP server is not working! (DOH!!!!)I sent emails to to both host's tech suport - nothing yet...AAAhhhhh... it feels good to vent sometimes....I have known about Xisto for a while. I have dealt with the owner of Xisto/Xisto/Xisto when I did a website job for a friend, and I was blown away by Xisto's pay site Xisto - Web Hosting (? - is that the name?). Anyway I have put off coming here because I didn't know if I could keep up with the posting... I guess we'll see....I know one thing, It is very hard to get free hosting with this many features.

yea posting is fun, probably another reason why i like this service, posting is nothing to me! I sometimes try to post little things but i find myself writing alot, which is good as well, more points for me, which that makes it even better, once again, i love Xisto i hope it never falls.

I have tried a lot of free web hosts before moving in with trap 17. Either it was a short notice cancellation email or the unilateral addition of ads onto my site, there were many tricks that free web hosts used to kick people out of their site. I was with trap 17 nearly a year now. I almost quit about half a year ago when trap 17 introduced the hosting credit system that honestly I think I still don?t like now. trap 17 is also not as competitive as far as hosting space is concerned. With the small space, I can only host a simple blog on it. Trap 17 does have its advantages over other host. Its uptime is good, and its far more stable than many hosts that I have been with previously. This makes it the best site for hosting something that you want it to be on the net as long as possible. The Cpanel is also very attractive.

Well pixelrift appears to have died a horrible death a few days after they moved servers or something - which sucksors, because they were providing 500M storage and all that other nice stuff.Coolfreepages/Curvedspaces I had for a while, but I left it for thirty days and my account got a bad case of dead. Nowadays they aren't allowng any new signups.So, here I is at Xisto with 150mb of space and various other pwnage. I still can't believe it's ad free 'n' all that. Finally, I can go back to not having to use all kinds of wierd CSS trickery to compensate for a hundred pixels of ad-banner at the top of my f-socking pages ;)

yes yes yes!!! Xisto is the best host evah XDDD i agree, most hosts don't offer enough space, and if they do, then theres going to be popups or ad banners T_T and other hosts, you have to post in forums like...40 posts a week or somethin and you don't even get that many mysql databases or somethin like that @_@ that's why Xisto is such a great host XD. STICK WITH IT!!!

Wow, there is so much loyalty here. I just came from spooted.org which died most unceremoniusly last week. They were trying to offer features very similar to those offered by Xisto, but without the posting requirements. They must have had a big initial investment, because they went strong for a while but then they went splat. Now I see they have been resurrected, but the state of their site suggests they missed some kind of saving throw because it looks zombified. When I first started looking for a free host I hesitated to try the posting model, mostly because I didn't care about the community. Xisto, and a few others, have communities interesting enough that I think I would keep coming back to post. I have some smallish complaints with t17, but so far they have delivered on most of their promises. The fact that they've been around for so long in this market speaks volumes. I hope to stick around too. See ya!

Thanks a million times for all the votes. I have tried my best to keep the posting requirements as low as possible. Our credits system is really generous *unless you try to make 100's in a single day :P*.However, I make it generous so that it will attract more people. Only when more people join, the community and traffic will be stable. Please refer as many friends, pals, collegues .. as you can.And I would really appreciate if you cast a vote for our service at Free Web Hosts (link in my Signiture).As for Donations, they are not required. I did accept previously, but many insisted on donating $1 or $2 off which, Paypal took away around 40%. :< So, its better we don't let Paypal exploit us further. Thanks a bunch again :-)

Yeah-When the credits system was introduced, I left too - when you lose the human link, i figured that this place would drop QUICKLY.Boy was I wrong-Sure, this eliminates the human link in the chain, and now that you have all the automation, it pretty much deletes all sympathy in the chain.However, when you look at the big picture, I really should be slapped for complaining. After all Trap does for us, and all we do is post good stuff, and learn a little bit everyday.And if ya' don't like it, move to paid hosting :P Which is what i'll be doing soon (Xisto - Web Hosting! Here I come) but not because I don't like the service, because soon, posting will become a huge hindrance in my life, and I might resort to spam (aahhh! nooo) and such. So I'm highly considering moving to the 14.95 pkg @ Xisto - Web Hosting.Panda- Thanks OpaQue for all you do bro!Live on T17!

Ive been on many hosting sites and ive found many problemsfreewebs.com-limited pages-no php or mySQL allowed and u have to be a premium user to use CGIt35.com-no mySQL allowed and FTP thing doesnt worksome window thing-U need to use the programming languages they have not any other onesgeocities-to confusingi hope Xisto is good

Everytime I use a new free web-host, there is always one little problem. Either not enough space (at least 10 or 20mb i need), ads (which isn't usually the case), or they have a really low max file upload size, or I can't do some FTP uploading with dreamweaver, or we have to do this forum posting thing. This one isn't bad, I hear Xisto is good from alot of sources and I really hope this works out for me. Go Xisto, show them pay hosting sites what's good...

170345[/snapback]

Agree so bad..everytime i try a host, it has banners, popups, links, spam email, downtime, slow etc. I really hope Xisto works good for me !

I have used alot of free webhosts, I mean alot. Like 50-60. I have never found one quite like Xisto. The staff is very kind and speedy. There are a wide variety of things to talk about. Besides, your going to post on some forum anyway so why not post and get free hosting at the same time.

I hope Xisto doesn't shut down or insist payment later on. In my previous host they were good, it was a forum posting like this one although they did not rely on credits, you just have to stay active and your site wil be ok. I was hosted there for 8 months until recently they got hacked and our sites were down for like a month! Most of the members were pisse because the owner of the site now demands payment for our sites to be up and running again because he cannot afford to keep all free sites running. What's even worse is we couldn't get our back up files and he demands a "donation" so we could get our files back. It was sooooooooo frustrating.I hope that doesn't happen here at Xisto.