xisto Community
Shengeta

What Programming Languages Should I Choose? taking AAS in Computer Information Sys

I have a question to ask all the programming proffesionals out there. I'm going to college this fall for AAS in Computer Information Systems, and I would like to know what programming languages should I go for? I like Visual Basic, but that is required, I was thinking Java, C++, and one programmer for the state said I should take Cobol but my mother says it is boring and for the lesser businesses or whatever. What do you guys think?

:ph34r:

If you need web delopment PHP/Java/Javascript

For Application development Delphi/Kylix

It just depends what you want to do.

I think what programming language should be learnt really depends on what you will do.

If you mainly deal with web technology, j2EE or asp.net will be the language you should know.

However, if you are doing the back-end stuff, you may have to know the faster language such as C and C++.

Actually, java and C++ are the language in different levels. Java is slower, as it have to run on JVM.

C++ can directly control the memory usage of the program. Java/JSP are developed mainly for Web application.

So, you should choose what you need.

I have a question to ask all the programming proffesionals out there. I'm going to college this fall for AAS in Computer Information Systems, and I would like to know what programming languages should I go for? I like Visual Basic, but that is required, I was thinking Java, C++, and one programmer for the state said I should take Cobol but my mother says it is boring and for the lesser businesses or whatever. What do you guys think?

;)

If you need web delopment PHP/Java/Javascript

For Application development Delphi/Kylix

It just depends what you want to do.

188454[/snapback]

Delphi: (Advantage: Very fast programming and very easy, too hard to debug so too hard to crack because there are lots of procedures and calls) (disadvantage: high size exe file)

C++: (Advantage: Lots of programming language and including web programming language (php,perl, javascript etc...) similar to this language, a powerful toy :) )(Disadvantage: more complex then delphi and visualbasic)

Visual Basic: (Advantage: Too easy and visual, and also ASP(Active Server Pages) language is very similar to this language)(Disadvantage: You must write more codes then the other programming languages)

My selection on exe file programming is DELPHI

on web programming is C++ related PHP :lol: