xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shengeta

X-box 360, Ps3....and Revolution?

Well we all have heard about the new systems coming out, but how good are they really? What do they support, and what about the unheard about Revolution?

The statistics show what each system has, but is Revolution gonna actually pull back in front, unlike it's other two systems Gamecube and N64. Well, whats see what you think.

Here are the PS3 Statistics

CPU

Cell Processor

PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz

1 VMX vector unit per core

512KB L2 cache

7 x SPE @3.2GHz

7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs

7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE

1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy

total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS

GPU

RSX @550MHz

1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance

Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels

Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines

Sound

Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell- base processing)

Memory

256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz 256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

System Bandwidth

Main RAM 25.6GB/s

VRAM 22.4GB/s

RSX 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)

SB< 2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)

System Floating Point Performance

2 TFLOPS

Storage

Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1

I/O

USB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)

Memory Stick standard/Duo, PRO x 1

SD standard/mini x 1

CompactFlash (Type I, II) x 1

Communication

Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)

Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g

Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)

Controller

Bluetooth (up to 7)

USB 2.0 (wired)

Wi-Fi (PSP)

Network (over IP)

AV Output

Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p

HDMI: HDMI out x 2

Analog: AV MULTI OUT x 1

Digital audio: DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x 1

Disc Media

CD PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD, DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side)

DVD: PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM, PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW

Blu-ray Disc: PlayStation 3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE

here are the X-box specs

360 HW:

1. Support for DVD-video, DVD-Rom, DVD-R/RW, CD-DA, CD-Rom, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 cd, JPEG photo CD

2. All games supported at 16:9, 720p and 1080i, anti-aliasing

3. Customizable face plates to change appearance

4. 3 USB 2.0 ports

5. Support for 4 wireless controllers

6. Detachable 20GB drive

7. Wi-Fi ready

Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU

- 3 symmetrical cores at 3.2 GHz each

- 2 hardware threads per core

- 1 VMX-128 vector unit per core

- 1 MB L2 cache

CPU Game Math Performance

- 9 billion dots per second

Custom ATI Graphics Processor

- 500 MNz

- 10 MB embedded DRAM

- 48-way parallel floating-point shader pipelines

- unified shader architecture

Memory

- 512 MB GDDR3 RAM

- 700 MNz DDR

Memory Bandwidth

- 22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth

- 256 GB/s memory bandwidth to EDRAM

- 21.6 GB/s frontside bus

Audio

- Mulitchannel surround sond output

- Supports 48khz 16-bit audio

- 320 independent decompression channels

- 32 bit processing

- 256+ audio channels

2 types of Xbox Live:

Xbox Live Silver (no subscription required)

Xbox Live Gold (subscription benefits)

Features for Gold service

* Also for Silver

# Also for Offline

- Seamless transition to Xbox Live account from Xbox to Xbox 360

- Access to MMOs (additional fees may apply) *

- Free Xbox Live weekends *

- Multiplayer online gameplay

- Motto for gamer profile * #

- Personalized look for Xbox System Guide * #

- Offline achievments * #

- Online achievements *

- Access to other players? Gamer cards via Live *

- *ulative gamer score * #

- Location/language profile * #

- Reputation *

- Enahnced matchmaking using above

- Skill level matchmaking

- Gameplay style profile (casual, competitive, etc.)

- Recent players list *

- Free and premium download game content *

- Free and premium downloadable movies, music, tv *

- Downloadable demos/trailers *

- Microtransactions *

- Custom playlist in every game * #

- Play music from portable devices * #

- View images from digital camera * #

- Strem media from Windows XP * #

- Interactive screen savers * #

- Track info for CDs * #

- Communication with voice, video or text *

and yes here is some info on the Revolution, some may not be official

Revolution is making two systems and releasing one or getting rid of one when they get closer to finishing, here are both of them

System 1:

2.7 Ghz PowerPC G5 Processor

512 Megs total Ram (128 for video, 64 for sound)

600 Mhz graphics chip

System 2:

Dual 1.8 Ghz IBM G5 PowerPC processors

256 Megs DDR Main memory (64 dedicated to sound, using a 7.1 sound system at 196 Khz)

128 Megs GDDR3 Video memory

500 Mhz graphics chip (ATI developed, 16 Pixel Pipe, 220 Million transistors)

Shared Information:

Built in 15 Gigabyte harddrive

Blue-laser disk technology

Potential DVD playback

Case design philosophy more like the N64, less like the GameCube

While all systems are gonna throw a fight, probably only two of them are gonna be at the top, or maybe even one, whichever you, choose, please don't choose because you used to own an X-box or gamecube or ps2, and fought with others on which was better, all systems are good, and also don't fight about the specs if you don't know what they mean.

Whoa. Where did you get that info on the Revolution; I haven't seen any specs before this post. And...

Case design philosophy more like the N64, less like the GameCube

Just looks like a rectangular box to me. Just saying.

Recently, info has been coming out on the Revolution, and yes, I think it looks like a slightly bigger DVD case. But hey, better than a cube I think, the Revolution looks like a DVD copier. Only problem is, do they think making the sytem the smallest everytime is an up? Plus they said (don't quote me on this) that they would release the Revolution in response to Xbox 260, is that why they are coming out with it a few months after and not on the same month? and everyone thinks that the Xbox, the only one releasing this year, is gonna easily pull ahead just because it is being released around christmas time. Is that why it doesnt do so well in foreign countries? I think it may be a plus, but not as much as people say. All around PS3 might be ahead once more because it does really well in every country the consoles are being sold, and doesn't almost everyone have ps2? Peopl in the Xbox defense say, oh Xbox sales are doing better right now so Xbox is better... well what do you expect when not many more people can buy the ps2 because they already have it? So I think the battle remains tough between those two, but maybe Nintendo can get a piece this time around.By the way, Nintendo released a system not too long ago or it is about to come out I don't know. It is called the Nintendo Generation NEX. It is a rerelease of the original nintendo with a new awesome name. It supports wireless controllers and it can play all nintendo games from the U.S. and Japan. No more crashes or glitches on the screen or anything...but why buy it when you can get an emulator? What is Nintendo doing? Shouldn't they be spending all their time on the one main system? This might be a minus for them but who knows. By the way, Nintendo says, unlike the other systems, they aren't going for power, they are going for the best playability, but the spec look pretty powerful too me, if you understand them you'd see what I mean.

Where did you hear about the 'NEX'? It doesn't add up to release that if the Revolution will be able to download all first party games from all their past systems. If it's true, it's a poor decision on Nintendo's part.

Where did you hear about the 'NEX'? It doesn't add up to release that if the Revolution will be able to download all first party games from all their past systems. If it's true, it's a poor decision on Nintendo's part.

170374[/snapback]

Well the NEX is only 60 bucks and the Revolution will be much more than that (obviously), but maybe they thought about the old gamers for once (lol), be even so, yes probably a poor decision...I think it is funny though, Nintendo is funny

As said at the beginning of this topic here are the Official PS3 Specs:"Here are the official technical specifications for the PS3, taken directly from Sony:CPUCell ProcessorPowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz1 VMX vector unit per core512KB L2 cache7 x SPE @3.2GHz7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE* 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancytotal floating point performance: 218 GFLOPSGPURSX @550MHz1.8 TFLOPS floating point performanceFull HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channelsMulti-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelinesSoundDolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell- base processing)Memory256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz 256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHzSystem BandwidthMain RAM 25.6GB/sVRAM 22.4GB/sRSX 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)SB< 2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)System Floating Point Performance2 TFLOPSStorageDetachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1I/OUSB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)Memory Stick standard/Duo, PRO x 1SD standard/mini x 1CompactFlash (Type I, II) x 1CommunicationEthernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/gBluetooth 2.0 (EDR)ControllerBluetooth (up to 7)USB 2.0 (wired)Wi-Fi (PSP)Network (over IP)AV OutputScreen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080pHDMI: HDMI out x 2Analog: AV MULTI OUT x 1Digital audio: DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x 1Disc MediaCD PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD, DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side)DVD: PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM, PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RWBlu-ray Disc: PlayStation 3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE" And to make it perfectly clear, all of the storage media (HDD, "Memory Stick", SD memory card, and CompactFlash) are sold seperately(not included in the PS3 package)

As said at the beginning of this topic here are the Official PS3 Specs:

"Here are the official technical specifications for the PS3, taken directly from Sony:

CPU

Cell Processor

PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz

1 VMX vector unit per core

512KB L2 cache

7 x SPE @3.2GHz

7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs

7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE

* 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy

total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS

GPU

RSX @550MHz

1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance

Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels

Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines

Sound

Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell- base processing)

Memory

256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz 256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

System Bandwidth

Main RAM 25.6GB/s

VRAM 22.4GB/s

RSX 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)

SB< 2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)

System Floating Point Performance

2 TFLOPS

Storage

Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1

I/O

USB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)

Memory Stick standard/Duo, PRO x 1

SD standard/mini x 1

CompactFlash (Type I, II) x 1

Communication

Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)

Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g

Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)

Controller

Bluetooth (up to 7)

USB 2.0 (wired)

Wi-Fi (PSP)

Network (over IP)

AV Output

Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p

HDMI: HDMI out x 2

Analog: AV MULTI OUT x 1

Digital audio: DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x 1

Disc Media

CD PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD, DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side)

DVD: PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM, PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW

Blu-ray Disc: PlayStation 3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE"

And to make it perfectly clear, all of the storage media (HDD, "Memory Stick", SD memory card, and CompactFlash) are sold seperately(not included in the PS3 package)

171828[/snapback]

Why dont u send us a link instead of getting hosting credits?

The PS3 will be the best of the three. With the 550 mhz, the bluetooh technology, blu ray technology, it is no doubt in my mind it will be the best. Also the best games always run to PS3, except for Halo of course.

it's not only the hardware lads. Look at the software, the games. As for now PS3 has good games, nintendo has orginal games and x-box live is a feature that will attract lots of people as well. I think i'll wait till some more games are released and the price of the consoles are down a little seeing as i'm a poor student. I mean you can't eat a PS3, X-box 360 or a Nintendo Revolution now is it? Atm i have the N64 and the PS2. I never regretted not to have an x-box. If Ps online would become as good as live from microsoft i will prolly go for PS3 (FF,GT etc) Then again my N64 is ready for play anytime due to its great games...zelda, banjoOh well europe has to wait long time anyways.

I agree, the games are what makes a console. I've always been a PS fan, so I'll probably end up buying the PS3 but I never make a desicion before looking at what I'll be able to play.