xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
aminzzlink

Saudi Arabia's King Fahd Died. 1th Monday,August 2005 .

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabias King Fahd, who cultivated a close relationship between his oil-rich nation and the United States died early Monday, the Saudi royal court said. He was 84.

- Some facts about Saudi Arabia's King Fahd , for people who don't know :

NAME: King Fahd bin Abdul Aziz al-Saud.
BIRTH: 1923, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
BACKGROUND: One of 42 sons of King Abdul Aziz, who founded modern Saudi Arabia. Mother, Hassa, was Abdul Aziz's fifth wife.
EDUCATION: Elementary school only, with heavy emphasis on religion.
POLITICAL CAREER: Became Saudi Arabia's first minister of education in 1953, launching nationwide public schools and encouraging girls to attend. Named interior minister in 1962. Appointed crown prince in 1975 when brother, King Khaled, was in poor health. Assumed throne in 1982 upon Khaled's death. Heir is half-brother, Crown Prince Abdullah.
FAMILY: Believed to have had three wives and eight sons. Eldest son, Faisal, died in 1999 of a heart attack.

source : CNN

What do you think about the relationship between usa and saudi arabia??it will be more close ?? the inport-expeort will graw up or not ?? what do you know about this subject ???

well the us-saudi relation has been shaky since the gulf war and now with the current events the new king is going to have some tough times ahead of him.

I pay my respect and condolences to the King. I think that he was a good man and that he improved the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in a lot of ways. I think that the successor to the King, is also a very good person, socially and religiously. I hope he controls the Kingdom just like King Fahd, and join hands in peace with the countries surrounding it.USA has since the Gulf War backed off from the Saudis. However, that does not mean that they do not meet the Saudi Government in any way. President Bush, is one of the people who are thought to be the closest to the Saudi family. But, this has not made any relationship with the American Government in whole. I hope that King Abdullah improves relationship with Western countries such as US and Canada to avoid further misunderstandings of Islamic faith. That's it from me.

What do you think about the relationship between usa and saudi arabia??it will be more close ?? the inport-expeort will graw up or not ?? what do you know about this subject ???

169696[/snapback]

In Washington, the White House said President George W. Bush had offered his condolences to King Abdullah. A US State Department official said King Fahds death would not affect bilateral ties. The official said Washington had very good

relations with King Abdullah. Given the late kings prolonged illness, Abdullah had been running policy and they are used to working with him.

King Fahd was considered a Middle East peacemaker. He engaged himself for dialogue between the Islamic world and the West with intelligence, far-sightedness and great personal commitment, German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder said in a telegram to King Abdullah. His balanced policies and mediation in the Middle East

brought him and Saudi Arabia respect and recognition around the world.

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he ruling in name only? I thought that the Crown Prince had been running the country and now was only a small step to recognizing his leadership.Either way, I feel for the family and the citizens of Saudi Arabia. This must've been a great loss for them, as he still was the King.

Ow, It's surely bad news for Arabian people and especially his family. The king is a good man and rule Saudi Arabia Fairly for 23 years. :Dso Prince Sultan bin Abdul Aziz as crown prince will be the next king :D

I too pay my respect to the late king of Saudi Arabia. If we see his personal record and history, he was the one who modernized today's Saudi Arabia and make one of the most prosperous Arab countries in the Arab world. He had also tried his best to harmonize radical Islam leaders and his country's political leader. Though shaky, he has always tried his best to come in terms with the United States, remember the Gulf War when US used its Air and land space for its troops to attack Iraq. In fact, Saudi Arabia acts as a balance of power in the Arab world which was closely nurtured by the King. Long Live the King!