xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
aminzzlink

Mice With Only One Botton At Apple, Finished. Compatibility with: MacOS X windows.

Posted Image

- I am going to tempt to wake up the memory of oldest among you.
You remember the exit of the first Macintosh, at Apple . How could you have forgotten this funny mouse, "innovante" for the time, dressed of only one thick button on its superior part, who produced a small particular click (whose sound reasons again in my ears)?

This revolution that Apple had introduced in the world of the data processing has the house was going to become the contraption of your daily, and to arrange itself as a matter of course to quote them of this dear keyboard, to become as inseparable of a computer that this last.

Now, observe the your, of mouse, the one that you have currently under the hand, the one that served you surely has arrive until this post in Xisto's forum .
Two cases of face present themselves then:Either you possess a PC, and your maybe accompanied mouse of sometimes 5 or even 6 buttons, either you possess a Mac, and in this case,one recovers the same simplicity that there are 20 years old, the mouse decorates itself of a new design, but remains equipped tirelessly of one only and unique button .

If the lack (see the absence) evolutions can surprise to the first access, one realizes while using this mouse under a MacOS environment that this one is perfectly adapted, and even if an user accustoms has a PC, and has a mouse having in minimum two buttons therefore, will have need of a small time of adaptation, he will get used has this utilization quickly.

But time change, and same Apple, after 20 years of traditional mouse "mono-button" to bring a new breath has what some consider as the most convenient contraption ever invents for a computer.

Thus, the Macs are going to decorate themselves of an all new mouse, "exit" the only button decorating the device, the beast is now tactile.

If the Maceuxes had taken the habit to have an uniform mouse, with the unique button hides cleverly under the cockle (it is necessary to push on "the before" the mouse to click), the Mighty Mouse, it is its name, will preserve the same oval shape more or less, and will be in bounty endowed of a scrolling practice ball (a first at Apple) permitting you to parade the picture in all senses, has "the wheel" that only permits two directions contrarily (four in certain cases) and of programmable lateral buttons, permitting you for example to launch an application while pushing on one of them.

This mouse is well on compatible with MacOS X, but also with Windows 2000 and XPS, since she plugs itself merely in USB.
Posted Image
- is the only pic that i found.
You can acquire one of it for the sum of $49 on Apple Blind, the site of in line sale of Apple.
Source : ZDnet
sorry for all mistaks :D !

Wow... It just looks like a normal mouse with the buttons moved to the side and the scroller ball on the top. I've never used a mac mouse but by what your saying they only have one button?

How about an ENGLISH Version of the photograph? :D

Posted Image

I looked up this "new-generation" mouse on the Apple website. The name of the mouse is "Mighty Mouse" The round thing on top of it is actually a scrollbar and a button. It can be rotated completely 360 degrees. Also, there is a software which can be used to turn on a touch-sensitive top shell. So, if you just touch your finger on the top-left side of the mouse, it will act as a left-mouse click. By using the software, you can even switch the configuration of the mouse to work with "left-handers"

Also, if you don't like the touch-sensor top shell, you can just press the buttons which are to the left and right of the mouse. And last but not least, the mouse uses optical tracking, and the Apple website also says that you don't even need a mouse pad! :D

Pretty sleek mouse B)B)

That's it from me. :D

Eww, gosh, I remember having to use those mice in school! I'm sorry, but I've always hated Apple / Macintosh... :D A mouse should have two buttons, the two buttons have different functions. That's all there is to it. I don't want the past revamped. I'm a PC user, and I like my two-buttoned mouse. :D

So what is this suppose to do exactly i can see the difference from the main componet and the newer verison but i dont know why apple made it with only 1 of the 3 main componets. I also heard that the sony computer is coming out with the newest digital camera which is suppose to have the new intergrated zoom control which automatically adjusts to the right setting.

it was a pain using one button mouse on Macs as for every right click u need to press a key on keyboard and then click it. Hope this mouse is better then old one.They only looked good.

I believe that what is being said is that the top shell of the mouse will be able to detect one's fingers pushing on it as if clicking, which will register as a left or right-click, without there being any physical buttons. Then, there is an alternative by using the right or left side, I believe.Am I completely mistaken here, or is that the idea?

Ok but this mouse gonna take quite some time to get used. It's pretty cool and sleek for its design definately. I retains the Mac look which is really cool..Any ideas where will they be on sale?

Eww, thats horrible! I used them before the ACORN computers! I don't like Macintosh... They will never be better that windows - a pc is only hated by more people, because it is used by more people in the first palce! My mouse has 5 buttons - and i wouldn't be able to survive without all of them!I mean how would you get used to one button? - It isd so small you would have to use glasses to find it in the dark.I dissagree with this invention - Apple should stick to being just a fruit - as they are an insult to technology!

No, Mac is an excellent computer. They can process raw data much faster than a PC, which makes it far superior than a PC when it comes to media editing. I don't think that mouse style matters much to high-end media corporations.

...I'm a PC user, and I like my two-buttoned mouse.  :)

169732[/snapback]

I'm a PC user, and I like my seven buttoned mouse >_>

Well, it's technically only five, but the software lets me have two programmable button "chords" (combinations: one is left and right, the other is the two sides)

I can hardly stand to use a PC that doesn't have a scrollwheel mouse.I'm not sure how the scroll-button on this new Mac mouse works, but I hope it's similar to those of a PC scroll-button mouse.

At first I didn?t like the old mac mouse... you know it?s a mess when you come from a two-button mouse, but you get used to it with time and it wasn?t so bad. I only hated the iMac mouses which were rounded and you didnt have enough space to catch them. When I read the title of this post I thought they had give up and go on with a normal mouse which would be a pitty because it would mean the end of a tradition. But the new mouse is even more strange... don?t know, maybe we are seeing the future in mouses. I suppose they have thought about the new model a lot... at least looks very smart. I want to test it.