xisto Community
GM-University

Gmu Fire Sig W/ Tech Border

I think this is the best sig I've done so far (the border still needs work, as does the font, and the backround needs a little bit of depth)

Here's what I think it needs

More contrast on font color.

More detail on border.

More background depth.

Clearer render.

Better blended render.

Is that about right?

Posted Image

I like the font (hehe reminds me of Hotwheels :D). The border needs a bit of work as does the background and the render. 5/10You're getting there slowly :D

Notice from snlildude87:
You don't need to quote the first post in the thread
Edited by snlildude87 (see edit history)

Thanks, I'm getting the hang of some of the tools, Johnny's tutorials help alot with the tools, and Moonwitch's PM's told me alot about the Filters. So I owe them ALOT.

I liked the font too, I did the words twice, and overlapped the red-orange one with the yellow, that made it more easily read, which helped.

I'm regreting parts of the backround that I did, I used a mixture of Fractal and Grunge style brushes and some contrast clouds to do it, but now I wish I'd used more of the fractal because I liked the way it looked.

This was the original render, I used a wind filter on it, and turned it red, but I really don't like what it did to the fireball he was holding...

Posted Image

I think that the border is too simple. Try giving it some texture or something. And you cant really tell what the render is doing, you can hardly see the explosion coming out of his gun. I would never have guessed if it wasnt for the render on your last post.

The background was overbrushed. The render's explosion look weird.. if you didnt tell me i wold have just thought it was some brushing. that tech border needs ALOT of work. add bevel and emboss and a drop shadow, then change its colors around a little and give it some gloss.

and now for the next part. when using the wind filter is usually works well with the motion blur, only if you pull it off right i yet to get that right yet.also when doign tech borders you want to do 2-3 layers with different colors and then ue the lasso tool to cut them in different places to show all the colors.but i have to say the first 3 things you have to work on is text brush and renders once you got a good at those then take it to the next step, tech borders, gradient effects, and filter effects.4/10-font border, render, brushing needs more work.

I'm not feeling the tech border there, but I guess it makes it a little more exciting. Hmm, try taking off the clouds effect if you can. I wanna see what your brushing looks like. The clouds seems to be covering up the excitement in the background.The blending is decent, but I would not blend in the head. That's just my style.And the pink cloud looks like someone farted. What I would do is take the hands with the render as well, so it'll look like he's holding a gun.Not bad overall though, but your sigs are quite tall. Use 400 * 150.

Is that Max Payne? Because I couldn't tell anything at all before.

No. Only me. Look at it! Looks like a cloud of pink fart.

170689[/snapback]

I'm glad you're showing some maturity as a moderator. :D

I'm glad you're showing some maturity as a moderator. :D

170815[/snapback]

I'm just saying that's what it looks like. Besides, it's a joke. Bad thing about internet is that one cannot know what's a joke and what isn't. :D

I'm just saying that's what it looks like. Besides, it's a joke. Bad thing about internet is that one cannot know what's a joke and what isn't. :D

171527[/snapback]

Okay, just try to keep it together next time.