xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chief91

Warcraft3.vs.starcraft

which do you like more starcraft or warcraft3  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I personally love starcraft ive been into for years i love how fast a game goes in warcraft 3 the game seems to be slower and it takes longer to build and mine.so i think starcraft is the best but i wanna c wat u all think so vote and reply

I'ma have to go with Starcraft. Like you said, Warcraft can be slow. Plus, i'm not really into 3d rts games.

Starcraft used to be my favorite b.net game. I played it for like 3 years. It's is awsome that so many people still play the game, even though its like 6-7 years old.Like a year ago my friend got me to get war3 tft.... I like the game just a little more than starcraft. I don't like playing the normal games that much, mainly because I don't really have the time to get good. But the custom games are awsome. The map edit has so many features and things that can be configured that I could see the game lasting a long time. Probably as long as starcraft.But I still like both games, and I still play both.

I wub Warcraft as you've probably discovered from my other trolling posts. It entices me more because I like fantasy and the story's a lot more intense. Also, there are more recent versions of WC than there are of SC.

Starcraft is all about strategy, macro, micro, and economy. Warcraft 3 mainly focuses on micro, hero lvl up, and I guess thats it. I don't like the hero thing because it takes too damn long to kill it off and when someone lvls their hero more than you, that's usually gg for you, unless of course you outmacro him considerably. Starcraft is more strategic because you can drop easier cuz you don't have to go somewhere to buy it. Drops are more frequent in game play and more playable. Drops make the game more interesting because even though someone outmacroes you, you can still equalize the game by atking STRATEGICALLY. Like a dropship or shuttle or ol drop. Micro in sc looks more fun because you can see the units die and explode, blood splatters as a nice effect. Just seeing the damage you can do by maximizing your units that don't survive as long makes you appreciate the micro management experience even more than you would if they survived so long. Economy makes the game factor a lot more challenging and fun. I know Warcraft 3 does have an economy system but all I'm saying is Starcraft is more focused on those factors. Warcraft's focus are just mainly microing your heroes and creep to lvl up, and basically just produce certain units to counter. Because Starcraft is more challenging in that particular sense I thin it makes the game more variable and interesting and fun to play. Warcraft advocates argue that starcraft is all about massing units and whoever has more wins. WRONG! That's only ONE factor in the game. A pro player that goes by slayers boxer made several comebacks despite having fewer units. He had to micro with little units he had left and still managed to pull through and won. You can still do many things to equalize a game where a player out produces another. You can cripple someone's economy by getting a decisive drop in his worker lines. That would slow him down and cut down his production rate. I don't see much drops in warcraft3 because you have to go somewhere to buy the damn dropship. I don't like that idea which is why I prefer Sc over Wc3 anyday

The problem I usually find with Warcraft is 1) The very short supply thing, with that irritating...what do they call it? That system where the more people you have, the less resources you gather. Argh that irritates me.2) Heroes - As said, the computer's heroes are so strong at one point that they kill everything off. And now imagine playing against a human who sends in 5 fully leveled heroes. They can destroy entire forces with them...3) Starcraft is better. Nicer story telling (without counting genre gap). And many other things I'm too lazy to list.Besides, Starcraft 2 looks excellent...when it finally gets a release date... :P

For the actual campaign i'd have to go with starcraft, the melee is just better, but for custom maps I love wc3. Dota, pudge wars, uther party. The maps have much more control over the game in warcraft then they do in starcraft so you get truly amazing custom maps.

I find Starcraft a lot more fun since it's more micro/macro intensive rather than Warcraft with units at 500 hp max compared to Warcraft's 1000+, although Warcraft's melee is still fun. The concept of heroes is pretty cool (probably never really done before in an RTS) but not exactly my idea of fun. On the other hand however... heroes make Warcraft Custom Games awesome, especially with the ability to throw alot of custom spells and use alot of custom items which was not avaliable in Starcraft and it makes the game alot more flexible. But that makes it alot harder to balance, and that's what I like about Starcraft: it's balanced between the three races yet they are unique in almost every aspect.So in short: Warcraft for Custom Games, and Starcraft for Melee games.

Starcraft is good but its old.moreover, starcraft 2 is going to be released soon in 2009i think. i'll go for starcraft. like you said, its well balanced and warcraft heros arent really balanced and theres some bugs when you use cleave where it deals 50% or more splash damage. they dont count the splashed units armor.

Edited by nstay (see edit history)

I am sorry but starcraft is a very old game I tried to sit down and play it but after playing warcraft III for about 3 years it just wasn't possible the graphics were completely different. I will more then likely end up buying Starcraft II as the graphics are suppose to be 100x better then warcraft III and Starcraft.

Annoyed over people only playing 1 of the games commenting on thisWarcraft3.vs.starcraft

Hi I'm a player who plays both games (allthough I must admit my warcraft 3 skill highly exceeds my skill in starcraft)And I just wanna say a lot of the things you say is bull****, warcraft cant be won entirely on macromanagement thats true but neither can starcraft, allthough u can easily win warcraft with a hero lvl 1 with the right macro, plus commenting on the 5 high lvl heros comment over, hero cap is 3 nabb

+ ANY1 WHO FAILS TO BEAT COMPUTER IN ANY GAME SHOULDNT COMMENT!Allthough playing the computer in starcraft is far easier then in warcraft, I can beat the computer in starcraft without producing workers lawl, just send the first worker over to his base and harass, he will charge u the whole game, with good micro u can make soldiers while he is busy chasing your worker... and thats even in the latest patch

Over to more importent matter: both games have sufficient micro/macro but games such as starcraft require a better macro due to the more epic stage, the drop tact goes over the whole map and it requires al ot more to notice every thing, the problom with this? the game just doesnt support itself, they've made the game on an epic stage but still u can't controll more then 12 units at a time?Its the same rule for warcraft 3 only u wont use more then7-8 units.Starcraft have a lot more units then warcraft as previusly mentioned meaning microing them all perfect will require more, but actually starcraft, not having a hero eliminates the need to micro em perfect, in warcraft I wanna cry when I loose a worker to noobiness, in starcraft its a small economic setback nothing more

xp makes the micro count!

but again the xp system is what makes drophacking not work in warcraft (that and net), sacrificing 2 soldiers in warcraft will mean so much more then sacrifing 8 zerglings in starcraft, also the workers in warcraft lasts a bit longer 

And yeah I goddamn know its an old post ^^

-reply by Warcraft player

Would gladly voted for warcraft 3 this game is my favorite play from 6-7 years ago when he started to become popular today with dota is one of the most popular games with the highest number of players if you want a dota pishe can let you napraeme 1 to 1 of garena</span>

I for one prefer WarCraft III.

A thing is that Wc3 is using 3D and it is more realistic with reviveable heroes, items, xp.Another thing I like at Wc3 is that it has a ready got Battle.Net with very low number of hackers and I also like that Wc3 is balanced.

Starcraft is a 2D fast-game tipe. Many people from B.Net does rush. In "fastest" mode a pro Protoss can do a tower rush that will inevitable work and defeat the other player.What I'm saying is that Starcraft is very unbalanced compared to Wc3 and B.Net is as I see very opened to hacks.

-reply by Illidan_Hunter

I am actually surprised with the results because of how much I love Warcraft 3. I was actually never a fan with the normal Bnet games because I was never any good at it. But I do like the custom game DotA and a few others. That's why I like Warcraft because there's so many other custom games that differ from the normal game so much. You can also make your own maps and game types and stuff. Can't believe there is so many Starcraft fans. :angel: