xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
romy

Mod Chips legal offcourse

you know, most modchips nowadays can run in invisible mode, so if you have a game that requires there to be no modchip..the modchip just sorta "sleeps". Other older modchips have a switch.The only reason i consider buying a modchip is to play foreign games and dvd's.

you know, most modchips nowadays can run in invisible mode, so if you have a game that requires there to be no modchip..the modchip just sorta "sleeps". Other older modchips have a switch.

The only reason i consider buying a modchip is to play foreign games and dvd's.

197962[/snapback]

im talking about softmods... how can u turn them off? i suggest u softmod.. its free and u can do anything that u can do hardmodded... ^_^

im talking about softmods... how can u turn them off?  i suggest u softmod.. its free and u can do anything that u can do hardmodded... :P

198330[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure that there is no way to turn off a softmod, since you are changing around the system files to run as a modded xbox. Only way to turn that off would be to totally reverse everything you did.

I have my Xbox modded with a SmartXX chip, and a 120gb HD, and its the great thing I own. When I buy a new DVD, i go on the computer, take the movie off the disk and ftp it to the Xbox, meaning I then don't have to worry about scratching/losing disks anymore. Same with games, put them into the xbox and hey presto, the games stored on the hd.Its a shame you can;t do it for the ps2, I am forever loosing the disks to my games :)

I have my Xbox modded with a SmartXX chip, and a 120gb HD, and its the great thing I own.  When I buy a new DVD, i go on the computer, take the movie off the disk and ftp it to the Xbox, meaning I then don't have to worry about scratching/losing disks anymore.  Same with games, put them into the xbox and hey presto, the games stored on the hd.

Its a shame you can;t do it for the ps2, I am forever loosing the disks to my games :)

203068[/snapback]

i also have a moded xbox, it was well worth the money, allthough i didnt use my xbox much.... i forget which specific chip i got installed but it was a generation 3 chip, that could be turned off and on if you wanted to play xbox live without being cought. When you go on-line MS actually scan's your system, and apprently if you have a softmod etc and you go online with it, they can permanently make your system useless by modifing it through instructions when you connect....

i also have a moded xbox, it was well worth the money, allthough i didnt use my xbox much.... i forget which specific chip i got installed but it was a generation 3 chip, that could be turned off and on if you wanted to play xbox live without being cought. When you go on-line MS actually scan's your system, and apprently if you have a softmod etc and you go online with it, they can permanently make your system useless by modifing it through instructions when you connect....

203076[/snapback]

What they do is ban your xbox EPROM (i think its called that) Basically each xbox has a different one, they do scan the xbox when you go on live though, the scan it for hardware changes, but as you say, turning your chip off prefents this. If you wanna change your HD, and want to play live, you can only connect to live after you have the new HD, as it makes a note of what you have, and if it changes, they ban your xbox also.

If you're wanting to use a modified Xbox to play against people on Xbox Live, there is an alternative.....go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. Even people who don't have mod chips in their boxes can go there. Instead of hooking the ethernet cable directly to your box, you route your box to your PC....I guess in a way making your Xbox think you're in a system link game. Best of all, it's free! And you don't have to worry about "Did I turn my chip off or not?"

If you're wanting to use a modified Xbox to play against people on Xbox Live, there is an alternative.....go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. Even people who don't have mod chips in their boxes can go there. Instead of hooking the ethernet cable directly to your box, you route your box to your PC....I guess in a way making your Xbox think you're in a system link game. Best of all, it's free! And you don't have to worry about "Did I turn my chip off or not?"

203142[/snapback]

yeah i tired that, it seemed liek an amazing concept, iw as like "woah free live?!?" but... sadly it was either complicating or i was not willing enough, and i never got it to work:( oh well time to put the new xbox 360 to use if i get it:P

I have my Xbox modded with a SmartXX chip, and a 120gb HD, and its the great thing I own.  When I buy a new DVD, i go on the computer, take the movie off the disk and ftp it to the Xbox, meaning I then don't have to worry about scratching/losing disks anymore.  Same with games, put them into the xbox and hey presto, the games stored on the hd.

Its a shame you can;t do it for the ps2, I am forever loosing the disks to my games :)

203068[/snapback]

you can backup your ps2 discs.

what you need to do is to get your self a ide hdd , at least 80g and a sony ps2 network adaptor.

the hdd goes in the ps2 expansion bay and the network adaptor plugs into the hdd and into the ps2 expansion connector.

now you need to get a disc called hdadvance.

you boot with the hdadvance disc and it allows you to copy games from cd or dvd onto the hdd.

once you have copied your games hdadvance allows you to play the games directly from the hdd.

it costs about Ł15 for the hdadvance disc and Ł15 for the network adaptor.

then you have to add on the cost of the hdd .... unless you happen to have a spare one

it even works with the ps2 slimline , but you have to get yourself an external usb drive.

check out the link http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Doesnt mod chips , muck up the laser that reads the disc ?i was told that and i also presumed that , after a few years ago in the Playstation One days, i had one and in under 6 months , my discs ended up with huge circular marks on them......anyway im not into mod chips, even if it is to beable to play pirated games :).... i like to be official about things :)

Doesnt mod chips  , muck up the laser that reads the disc ?

i was told that and i also presumed that , after a few years ago in the Playstation One days, i had one and in under 6 months , my discs ended up with huge circular marks on them......anyway im not into mod chips, even if it is to beable to play pirated games :).... i like to be official about things :)

203670[/snapback]

Not that I'm aware of.....it's making the laser do the same thing that it does normally, which is read the data from the disk. The only difference is that it's copying that data now, rather than ust reading it and spewing it onto the screen. And like you said, it took six months to ruin your disks....if you have a mod chip, you're not really going to be using the disks on a daily basis for 6 months.....

And as far as the whole "official" thing goes, some of us mod our systems to preserve our disks. Not having to use the disks means not having to worry about scratches / smudges on disks, or in your case, the huge circular marks.

I have a mod chip on my XBOX. It's real easy to install since an XBOX is like a small computer.. You can actually burn stuff into it. I had a friend install it for me for a small amount of money. It was well worth it though.