xisto Community
wild20

Life After Death? Is there?

I would like to know what you think about life after death. The bible says that the dead know nothing. But what do you think? I believe there is no life after death and that many people have been led astray by this common belief. The bible shows that the dead know nothing and has no evidence of life after death. Can you produce some? I challenge you accept this debate and lets find out about life after death!

There are life after the death? It is a question that the whole world if places. Perhaps not today... but one day, necessarily. Tomorrow perhaps, had to one known, a friend who is in ways of in leaving them.Some say: "Perhaps it has any thing, we will see when we will be there. Why to ask me now?"Others pass the entire life preparing this other worldmeeting, preparing the eternity, such is its importance.But without a doubt all we feel repugnance when thinking about thedeath because we are made for the life. Here it is because it is very useful to clarify what we can know onthe life after the death.It enters the so different answers that in they are proposals, what to believe? In who to believe? The materialists, the "atheists" say: "everything finishes with the death, the world does not have sen?o that continues to turn ".The defenders of the reincarna??o say: "it has some successive lives, until in them we become the Great one All and that we do not breathethe life more (nirvana)".The Jews, the Muslen and the Christians believe that after this life he has aperpetual life of happiness with God. The Christians, in particular, they say that we will revive with our body, as Jesus Christ.

I'm Hindu - we believe in reincarnation into many forms upon death. If you're bad, you go for another round. If you're good, you go to a special plane with pixies and wonderful things. Probably muffins <3'nuff said.

The bible shows that the dead know nothing and has no evidence of life after death.

I'm sorry but this is a downright lie. Go to biblegateway.com and type in heaven or hell and you get 620 results where the Bible mentions heaven and hell directly, not to mention the subtle suggustions that can be enterpreted. For direct quotes try "repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is near at hand" or "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise".

In a personal note, I believe in the afterlife above, in so much that there are two other worlds - "heaven" and "hell". As a Christian, it's kind of quite hard not to :D . Sorry if I offend here but I find it very hard to believe in other religions such as Hinduism because I just find them unfeasible. I find it a very hard concept that life just keeps on going round and round and round and that u keep going without any knowlesge of where you keep going. Could just be me being ignorant but there you go.

I don't know exactly what happens when a person dies. And I don't believe anyone else does either. The only way to know would be to die. And though some have claimed to die and come back to life, how can we be sure they were really dead in the first place?I think it's important to believe in an afterlife, but I wouldn't be so arrogant as to call anyone else a liar who believes in a certain kind of afterlife or in no afterlife at all. Who am I to judge? And if you're a Bible-believer, I think your Lord would ask you, "who are you to judge?" too.

I do believe in life after death, many people would and do argue with my thoughts on this. I admit that at one point I didn't, but that's only because I went through a 'rebellious' stage as most teens do. Many people have they're own theories, I choose not to interfere with those because they are their own beliefs. Some people may think you go to Heaven or Hell, others may think reincarnation or others just might think you go to a hole six feet under and that's where you stay. No one knows if there is life after death, there have been people who have died for a few moments and came back to say that they've seen the firey pits of hell or a white light. Of course when you die you have no internal or external signs of life, everything shuts down so who are they to know? There have been people hypnotised to go back as early as their prior lives. Not everyone can take their words on it.I did a report on Life After Death in grade 11/12 Psychology, it was really interesting to look up articles and read up on this.I hope I didn't ramble on about anything.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Edited as requested.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

I am believe-ing that it could be life after death.I have read much mythes,stories about that.The country where I came from , have I heard a story like this.On a day a man goes to his work..he is very arm , he don't have much money.But he works for his family that they overlive.But one a day he gets sick.Nobody knows what he has.But the man is very nice.He helps every body.The man dies.And the same day he born in a other state.When the man died he had a injurie on his arm.And when the baby born...there was the same injurie on the same place..That is very greepy he...I am believing in life after dead..but some people are not religious ore believe in reincarnation.

I can't say I believe in life after death totaly. Maybe there is life after death, maybe you will go to heaven, maybe you will go to heaven or maybe you will just stay here on Earth like ghost (Patrick Swayze) and you will have to right your wrong deeds. Maybe this philosophy isn't so bad, so you will realise where you have done crucial mistakes. But once you are dead, all your sins MUST be forgotten. Atleast I would do that to any person for my peace of mind.I think there is only one chance for living here, so you should use it wisely.

Well, I beleive there's life after Death. Or more correctly my religion suppose me to beleive that. But however I beleive it, cause there must be something to be "paid" what we have done in our past life. Otherwise it will not be fair.Just my opinion tough :D

Well, there are different views on the afterlife - including reincarnation, depending on the religion. I don't know if all the stories would be true or not, but I like the reincarnation one, though.

What happens to us when we die? Well, just that.. we die. I don't believe in afterlife, though, I wouldn't mind some form of reincarnation... However, when anyone asks me (and my friends know not to ask me anymore :() "What happens to us when we die?", I asnwer very precisely to that question: "We die. Our life ends, they burry us in a deep whole, and we become worm food". I'm sorry if I offended, or disguisted anyone with this, but that's my point of view, and besides, that's one thing about death we know for certain, is it not?Now, humans are such, that we need to believe in something, be it good, or bad, but we need to believe... Some people believe in God, Heaven, Hell, and other things, others believe in something else...Personaly, I'm not a believer, I need to see and feel something, to believe... Well, I'm not that hardcore, I do believe in some things I can't touch or feel, but still...Besides, my opinion is that religion is invented for control of the mases, but I won't go into that, that can be separate debate :(... Don't get me wrong, it's a great invention, but still, to me, it's too artificial...Someone said people focus on the afterlife, and spend their life preparing for it... That's just plain... insane... Why should I spend my whole life on something that may not even exist? Now, someone will ask if I have a proof that afterlife doesn't exist... No, I don't have the proof... But that's besides the point... I know faith, and beliefs can make people do silly things, or at least, silly to others. The point of the story is: People should live their life to the fullest, enjoy every day, enjoy the things they have, never regret about anything, and never want something they can't have... It's a key for happy life :D Ofcourse, this can sound ridiculous, and insane to some people, but... I don't care :D it's my opinion, and I stand behind my words :DAnyway, to sumarize my bable in this topic... There is no afterlife, when we die, we die. Period. :(p.s.I apologize again if I offended someone with this post, I never intended to do that, I just spoke my own views on some things.

Sorry if I offend here but I find it very hard to believe in other religions such as Hinduism because I just find them unfeasible. I find it a very hard concept that life just keeps on going round and round and round and that u keep going without any knowledge of where you keep going. Could just be me being ignorant but there you go.

168183[/snapback]

You probably get this alot but isn't it just as unfeasible, to believe in an afterlife as it is to believe in reincarnation?

anyway, incase you haven't guessed I personally do not believe in either, I have a very boring view of life that is your born, you live, you die end of story. I'm not saying that thier is anything wrong with believing in the afterlife, I'm just saying I disagree. I think that everyone is aloud to have their own beliefs and if it differs from mine, I'll won't try to change your mind as long as you don't try to change mine.

Besides, my opinion is that religion is invented for control of the mases, but I won't go into that, that can be separate debate smile.gif... Don't get me wrong, it's a great invention, but still, to me, it's too artificial...

odd, I was going to say that.

I dont believe in life after death on earth.I believe you walk the earth as a ghost once you die and at the end of the world,when the earth is destroyed with fire you ethier go to heaven or live on the new world that god will create after he cast the devil in a pit of fire.

In a personal note, I believe in the afterlife above, in so much that there are two other worlds - "heaven" and "hell". As a Christian, it's kind of quite hard not to  :D . Sorry if I offend here but I find it very hard to believe in other religions such as Hinduism because I just find them unfeasible. I find it a very hard concept that life just keeps on going round and round and round and that u keep going without any knowlesge of where you keep going. Could just be me being ignorant but there you go.

168183[/snapback]

If you think about scientifically, life does go around and around. Organic matter is recycled into the soil which helps plants to grow is eaten by animals who in turn are eaten by other animals. It's the same with a fruit tree or whatever that grows fruits with their seed and lets the seeds be scattered across the world. Is it so difficult to imagine that happening with a soul and a body?

Hinduism is not just based on reincarnation. It also involves a sense of duty and accomplishment in your life - it's not based on how closely you follow whatever goals you wanted to follow, but how well you did the good things in your life. As a skeptic and a budding scientist, I find it hard to believe in the occurences of Christianity, what with its miracles and resurrections. If Christ did it, who's to say that it wouldn't happen again?

Also, there have been instances of people remembering past lives and whatnot. Call it dementia, if you'd like, but it's not such a terribly blown out thing. However, thing I respect most about Hinduism is that there is no heaven and hell for the person. They get a paradise no matter what. We do have demons in our religion, but they live in their own sphere - the Netherworld, and humans don't go there when they die. Consider it as you getting a second chance if you screwed up your life the first time. It doesn't matter if it's as an animal or as a human - you don't go straight into a burning pit to be tortured for all eternity. You live out your life as long as you can, do the best things that you can, and if you need another round, take it. You'll get to paradise somehow.

yeah i somewhat agree with biscuts ***gasp*** scientifically your life continues, but in the religious part i dunno, they say if you good you go to heaven well look at the world in the the last 2000 years not to many people are heading their now are they.once your dead your dead unless you can put your rain in a machine then you can last a little bit longer. but that will never happen cuz man cannot create with out screwing it up.but for me though i fear death, the whole fact that im going to die just scares me for some reason why i dunno, people say you haveto accept it but i don't but one day i might but i doubt it, i will keep on fearing the role of death until the day it comes that i leave here.