xisto Community
Johnny

Themed Sotw? Should we have it?

What do you guys think of having themed sig of the week contests? Like one week the theme is cars, the next it's tekken, the next it's mario...or something like that? Or should we just have general ones each time?Let me know what you guys think...if I see a majority for either side I'll start doing SOTW accordingly.EDIT: And if you think it should be themed, suggest a few.

well lets see here area few ideas.tekkensuper mariodbzhalohalf lifeshould i go oncarsanime (specific)

well lets see here area few ideas.

tekken

super mario

dbz

halo

half life

should i go on

cars

anime (specific)

167997[/snapback]

So, you're for the themed ones then, right?

I forgot to post my thoughts...

I think we should start out with a few no-theme SOTWs, so everybody can get a feel for it, then move on to themes, to keep things interesting.

Because Xisto is such a big community, themed would be the way to go in the future. However, since the PS forums (whilst growing) aren't the largest, yeah I think it should start without themes. Basically what you said Johnny :D

Without. That way, people can do what they want, so if they don't like a video game, they don't have to make a sig about it.

168061[/snapback]

See, but that's the point. If we switch themes around, it may give people a fair playing field, so people don't keep using the same style to win it every time. I think I said that right... :D

yes you did johnny yeah it makes fair judgement to do it that way. start it off slowly and work our way up butSOTW you have to have a general theme, so the brushing would have to be the theme then.

yes you did johnny yeah it makes fair judgement to do it that way. start it off slowly and work our way up but

SOTW you have to have a general theme, so the brushing would have to be the theme then.

168250[/snapback]

No, not themed brushing. That would get annoying...just like, the renders, mainly.

I would say leave it free for the designer to choose. It is sig of the week, meaning the best sig of that week. Some designers like more of an art looking sig, while others settle for a render and text.

When you have a spiderman theme, or a tekken theme, everyone uses the same 1-2 renders, and it gets old.

Open theme is the best, for good.

it's better to have themed sotw because it's easier to judge, but not those type of themes, liek siant michael posted, but like these examples...horroe movies,comedy,war,celebrities,automobiles, etc...but not themes from each game or movie..cuz u'll probbly get a lot of similar sigs..

it's better to have themed sotw because it's easier to judge, but not those type of themes, liek siant michael posted, but like these examples...

horroe movies,

comedy,

war,

celebrities,

automobiles, etc...

but not themes from each game or movie..cuz u'll probbly get a lot of similar sigs..

168330[/snapback]

Horror movies -- maybe. Depends on what render you use

Comedy -- only animation. I don't think using a Friends render would look good.

War -- I like it. Check out the tank sig made by phyre (I think phyre made it. Could have been truefusion...)

Celebrities -- no.

Automobilies -- sure.

I would say leave it free for the designer to choose. It is sig of the week, meaning the best sig of that week. Some designers like more of an art looking sig, while others settle for a render and text.

When you have a spiderman theme, or a tekken theme, everyone uses the same 1-2 renders, and it gets old.

Open theme is the best, for good.

168297[/snapback]

Not really...spiderman has god knows how many renders, and tekken has quite a lot too.

But eh...other than Frozen, I take it none of you have seen themed SOTWs before. Go take a look at Gamerender's SOTW section and see how they do it.

How about styles? no?I like retro :D thers grunge, retro, pixel, vector, 3d, abstract. etc.? or not.O.K first of all all the categories are male-e-fied. What;s wrong with fashion or accessories.It looks fun and a realyl good idea. But I'm probably not going to participate as I'm crap and others with thrash me.

How about styles? no?

I like retro :D thers grunge, retro, pixel, vector, 3d, abstract. etc.? or not.

O.K first of all all the categories are male-e-fied. What;s wrong with fashion or accessories.

It looks fun and a realyl good idea. But I'm probably not going to participate as I'm crap and others with thrash me.

168482[/snapback]

You said you didn't LIKE girly sigs. X.x

(You should give it a try anyway though. Even if you lose, it's still fun...sorta. :D )

Generally, though, SOTW is a good way to compare your sigs with other's as it's using a similar or the same render - you can pick up some good ideas from different variations :D - the Gamerenders one is so big, the same render is often used more than once :D - so yeah, plenty to learn there.