xisto Community
snlildude87

Code Of Arms Sig blending to the extreme

All righty, you fools wanted a sig with depth...I present you a sig with depth (sort of). I also tried to blend and stuff.

Again, brutal comments and what I can do to improve. Try to make me cry.

Seriously. I have to improve.

Posted Image

Try to make you cry? Lol, you're the coolest Nguyen.Anyway, yeah, it's not bad at all. Just a few things...1. Coded Arms bro. :(2. The blending is a bit odd. He's transparent on the edges, but you can still see his outline, so it doesn't give the whole effect of him blending into the bg. Try brushing over the edges.3. Little too much brushing. Go over some of the outside parts of the bg with a black brush, and have the layer mod set to overlay. It'll add a bit more depth.4. There's not much to the sig. I mean, there's the bg, and the render, but nothing else. Maybe some tech or "style lines" would give it some flavor.5. Nice name placement. :(So altogether not bad, just not wow yet. Nice job though. :D

what johnny said you need some black in it just make the depth look better and wheres the text snlil??? :D

Here's my half a cent: (it can't be worth 2 cents because I'm no expert) I had to stare at this quite a while before I figured out what it was. The render doesn't seem to pop out enough... he just kind of fades away. What I liked the most about this sig is the blue background - very cool!

well most renders don't need to pop out or the whole sig becomes fulgy blending a render is alwaysa good thing but it all depends on the brushing.

its the scanlines that you use in some of the earlier stuff., but yeah using those and descreasing the opacity make it a little better too.

@Brooks: On number three, did you mean brush over the edges? I didn't know what you mean by "outside parts"....

And what are style lines?

168085[/snapback]

outside parts of the sig, yeah.

Posted Image

Style lines...just like a couple lines for a small little effect.

Horizontal and vertical marquee, fill it with white, set it to overlay. There's a bit more to it, but that'll get you what you want.

Horizontal and vertical marquee, fill it with white, set it to overlay. There's a bit more to it, but that'll get you what you want.

169617[/snapback]

Oooh, thanks for the guide, dawg.

Oooh, thanks for the guide, dawg.

169991[/snapback]

I seem to do that a lot, huh? Give random tidbits here and there... :D

That's how I learned most of what I know, I think. Just pick up little stuff here and there, then try it myself.

i put my hand up to that one, reading random stuff and then mixing it all together to make some good stuff.