xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
plumpShticks

Graphics Cards does gfx cards operates at max

:D Greetings..

Im using a fx520 0 Sparkle graphics cards for about a year. I'm some games and i'm wondering why it still lags at times... I played generals zero hour (hello to EA fanatics) and its almost like playing the game without a 3d card. Is there any way to enhance the performance of the card (aside from buying a better one.) ???

If you have a good gfx card, that doesnt mean the game you're playing isnt gonna lag. For example, Generals: Zero Hour, this game requires a very good computer along with a very good gfx card. Usually the game comes with system requirements, minimum, and maximum requirements. Check if your computer meets those requirements for optimal performance.

The only way to increase your fps is either to upgrade, or overclock. While dealing with overclocking u must have some knowledge of what you doing and you can't expect 50% or more increase of productivity:)

I believe you mean the GeForce FX 5200. That is a budget card, and runs at a slower speed compared to the other FX series. I think that particular model actually runs slightly slower than the GeForce 4 4200, so it's barely adequate if you're a serious gamer. A good graphics card to get for today's time would be a GeForce 6600 or a 6600 GT. Those offer great bang for your $. Cheers! :D