xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bimboadmasministries

graphics: integrated or add on cards? video cards

am tryin to get good graphics on my system,but at the same time i want to keep it simple and achieve a balance between functionality and cost,integrated graphics chips on a system board are cheaper take less system resources but may not give high end performance while on the other hand video cards are quite expensive,take a toll on system resources and thier gains are bogged down in low end systems,am running a low budget pls advise

integrated video cards suck! they usually take cpu cycles 2!! go w/a apg card, and ull be soo much better off! even if u get the cheapest add-on card u can find, it will usually be 2x better than the best addon card available....integrated= pooadd-on= pee->The Schiznit

external AGP - cards are better, and the onboardcard u can deactivate in ur asicnput[O]utputystem :)

onboardcards mostly have 32 mb ram, external may have 128 or also 256 and bout 250 mhz vs 500 mhz [ext]^^ so u know, what u gonna get :)

If you are not going to use that computer for games or 3d modeling, I would stay with the integrated card, as it will do just fine for most other tasks. But if you want games too, I would get a simple AGP card for around $50. My old geforce 4 still plays doom 3 pretty well :)