xisto Community
snlildude87

Barbarian Sig something else i whipped up in 5 min

All right, I have no idea what the name of the game that this dude's from, so if you do, post. I'm too lazy to google it.

Posted Image

Whadayathink? Be brutally honest. Tell me what I can do to improve, and if it's worth opening Photoshop, I'll go back and edit it, and post the results.

Brutally honest? I sure hope you can take tough criticism then, unlike some other people I know. :(K...the background's too flat. It doesn't have very much depth at all. The color is monotone, aside from the render. You read my multicolor tutorial, right? :D The blending isn't bad, but could be improved (but that's to be expected, so don't worry.) The render could lose that glow thing it has going on...it's kinda ugly. And last, but not least, that font. Kill that font and go visit dafont.com. :(So, sorry buddy, but this one just isn't that great. You're on the right track though...you've gotten half-decent pretty quickly.

The barbarian is from diablo II LoD. The render doesn't seem blended to well, and it's kinda pixely around the edges. Hmm, the bg is to flat, make use more brushes. I don't like the color too much either.Still, I give it a 6.5/10

That render reminds me of Kratos from god of war, for some reason.Anyways, like johnny said, remove the glow, unless you're unable to O_o. Nice blending of the render, but maybe fading out the back side of the dude might improve it (?). As for multicolor, that green you used kinda makes it hard to find a good matching color. Only thing i can think of is orange-brown? If that's a color... Lol.

Brutally honest? I sure hope you can take tough criticism then, unlike some other people I know. :D

[1] K...the background's too flat. [2] It doesn't have very much depth at all. [3] The color is monotone, aside from the render. [4] You read my multicolor tutorial, right? :( [5] The blending isn't bad, but could be improved ([6] but that's to be expected, so don't worry.) [7] The render could lose that glow thing it has going on...it's kinda ugly. [8] And last, but not least, that font. Kill that font and go visit dafont.com. :(

[9] So, sorry buddy, but this one just isn't that great. [10] You're on the right track though...you've gotten half-decent pretty quickly.

167088[/snapback]

[1] :D I know. I brushed over it like 60,000 times. How would I give it more depth? Less brushing?

[2] Yeah, that's kinda what depth means. Non-flat.

[3] Yeah, but I didn't know which techniques to use. I colored the render though...sort of.

[4] How can it be improved?

[5] What's that supposed to mean?

[7] It came like that. :( I would never glow renders. Ever.

[8] Will do. Any recommendations?

[9] Yeah, I kinda felt that way, too.

[10] Thanks.

Oooh, by the way, you didn't give me a rating. Again, brutally honest.

[1]The barbarian is from diablo II LoD. [2] The render doesn't seem blended to well, and it's kinda pixely around the edges. [3] Hmm, the bg is to flat, make use more brushes. [4] I don't like the color too much either.

[5] Still, I give it a 6.5/10

167092[/snapback]

[1] Ooh, gracias. I don't play games a lot, so...

[2] What are you talking about? Look at the axe. :(

[3] I did. I used like 60,000 brushes on it, but too much apparently killed it. Brooks needs to hurry up and make his brushing tutorial.

[4] Frown. Which color would you recommend?

[5] Frown.

[1] That render reminds me of Kratos from god of war, for some reason.

[2] Anyways, like johnny said, remove the glow, unless you're unable to O_o. [3] Nice blending of the render, [4] but maybe fading out the back side of the dude might improve it (?). [5] As for multicolor, that green you used kinda makes it hard to find a good matching color. [6] Only thing i can think of is orange-brown? If that's a color... Lol.

167093[/snapback]

[1] Oh, okay. Good to know. :D

[2] I would love to remove the glow, but it came like that. Yet, I'll see what I can do.

[3] See, Kubes, Truefusion thinks so. Hmph!

[4] I'll try that, and I'll post the results later.

[5] What would you recommend?

[6] That color is like...poop.

Hm.. I would say that you should work on the text more. It seems like the text was somewhat thrown on to finish the sig.

167104[/snapback]

HAHAHA! That's exactly what I did. I need to look at more sigs as examples....

That color is like...poop.

LOL... Welp, it matches the armor the render is wearing, so i guess that's as good as it gets... O_o.

Good, but the background is kinda boring I think :D

167209[/snapback]

Yeah....like I said...I brushed over it like 100,000 times, so...:-/

Meh.

LOL... Welp, it matches the armor the render is wearing, so i guess that's as good as it gets... O_o.

167260[/snapback]

HAHA! I'll try to add that color in to see what happens.

What color would you recommend though?

You need to add color balance, hue/saturation, and brightness contrst. If you use that right you get more depthI think you should use more of an orangish color.EDIT: Sorry bout the brushing thing, I'm not at home and this computer didn't load the image too well.

Edited by KuBi (see edit history)

dude stay away from scalines its killing you with this one along with the text, the render doesn't fit well with it either its color of the render i guess, would have used soft grunge brushes to smooth out the rough edges, it sounds like your repeating the brushing if you can do it five minutes i usally don't finish until 10-15 worth of time and several layers as well.5.5/10

You need to add color balance, hue/saturation, and brightness contrst. If you use that right you get more depth

I think you should use more of an orangish color.

EDIT: Sorry bout the brushing thing, I'm not at home and this computer didn't load the image too well.

167357[/snapback]

Hue/saturation ruins a sig by making it montone. I might consider using brightness and contrast in the future.

Yeah, I know what you mean on the computer thing. If a computer doesn't have a good graphics card, then everything you see is bad quality.

Yeah, I know what you mean on the computer thing. If a computer doesn't have a good graphics card, then everything you see is bad quality.

167441[/snapback]

It shouldn't....it shouldn't have any effect on flat images...just 3d stuff. Unless you have like a 16-color 400x300 monitor or some ancient junk like that.

On topic, people.

Edited by Johnny (see edit history)

What color would you recommend though?

Kinda hard to recommend a color. That green really makes it hard to find a matching color. If any, i'd suggest using the eye-drop tool and start clicking over the render, in different parts, shadows, armor, skin. And test out those colors, one by one. If that doesnt help, then just throw "poop" on it. O_o.

It shouldn't....it shouldn't have any effect on flat images...just 3d stuff. Unless you have like a 16-color 400x300 monitor or some ancient junk like that.

On topic, people.

167463[/snapback]

Yeah. That's what I was talking about, but 16 color won't make that much of a difference. At my school, we have 8 color and like 640 * 480 resolutions, so everything looked crap^999.

Kinda hard to recommend a color. That green really makes it hard to find a matching color. If any, i'd suggest using the eye-drop tool and start clicking over the render, in different parts, shadows, armor, skin. And test out those colors, one by one. If that doesnt help, then just throw "poop" on it. O_o.

167474[/snapback]

No no no, I didn't mean that. I meant what color would you choose instead of the greenish-yellow?