xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bimboadmasministries

which processor processors

i am trying to configure some systems for internet browsing,this will be thier sole purpose,which processor should i use for them,am sorta centered on d older celeron 830 mhz chip,cant afford any chip higher than 1000mhz,pls advise,as a standard these chips would be mounted on intel chipset boards with all integrated basic components with 128 mg ram and a 20 gb hardisk

how much is ur budget? 200 bux???u can go down 2 frys and get an amd mobo and cpu(usually >2Ghz) for 160!!! Just go on newegg.com, but they cheapest combo u can find, and POW! u gots a computer, a really crappy computer, but a computer nonetheless....

don't agreefirst of all 256MB ram is noway near enough if you want a fast system, you need at least 4 times more considering today's standards.but thats beside my point. Something like a 600Mhz , 512mb system is perfectly fine for general computing such as word processing and internet browsing, email and most current and older games. A 200-300 dollar PC will do just fine.Paying a thousand bucks for the latest p4 5ghz system with ati x800 graphics will only let you run Doom3 and maybe make Firefox (note, not IE :) ) start 1 second faster.

I would like to let you know that Please do not go for a Celeron Processor.You should buy 500 MHZ Original but not buy 800 or 900 Celeron.It is very low level processor.I have used but not satisfied with its performance.Sohail Ahmedsohail4@msn.com

You could also look at your local computer magazines and look for a used pc in the classifieds section. I gotten some pretty good deals that way. Newegg.com is also a good choise.

If the main purpose is to browse the internet you dont need a 1Ghz or higher in that case an 486 will do fine theoreticly speaking, I dont know what kind of OS it is that you use but I think it does not really matter what cpu you choose aslong as it is not the minimum supported cpu on the OS you are using. NOTE: this is if your system will be used for office applications and internet only so not for games or multimedia like divx ect.

Try Power Mac G5...It's da world most fastest desktop out there recently regardless of military use desk.. :angry:

that's is for sure but he need something cheap :rolleyes: , i think that the AMD Sempron is a good option.

Hi I want to buy a new PC and i dodn't no wich processor i must have the Amd Athlon XP 3200+ Or the And Athlon 64 3200+? and what are the diffrents between this 2??. Must i got a special motherboard for the amd 64?? Is the amd 64 faster then the xp? Is there a must diffrents between the XP and the 64 What it cost? Thnx for ReplyGreetz PhraX