xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
zach101

Spy Ware? How to get rid of this crap?

Hey guys last year when i got this computer i had a very nice 2.6 cpu 512 ram and an eigthy gig hard drive and since all i play are rts it ran like butter i loved it.... however lately Spy ware has jus taken over this thing it appears its running soo slow it seems as if theres no way i can get rid of it i have somthing called spy bot search and destroy and that works okay but never does a great job i only run fire fox and on top of that i have norton however all it does is say so many files (usually 30 or so ) found as threats then it tries to dealte em they all say ceres or somtihing and the delate always fail OMG how do i get rid of this spy ware and live free again? its not the tons of pop ups that drive me crazy but the constant sluggish of my computer. links to better tools would be much appreciated i really need help on this matter. p.s. i tried to run norton in safe mode and it still coudlnt dealte this stuff.

Well, I cleaned a computer that was invaded by Ceres but it was no way near 30. That computer had 3 but it was pain in the butt!This is what I did. I downloaded any spyware detector (spybot search & destroy was a good one) and I wrote down what was triggering and the path it was residing. Then, I started to a safe mode and manually deleted those files according to their locations. I also ran regedit and searched for CERES and made sure that they are not residing anywhere near the run= or path= area. Basically I deleted every value that contained CERES.And I restarted the computer and ran the Spybot again. It was free from that point on. I also protected the web access by downloading SpywareBlaster to keep my browser accidentally going to those "dangerous" places.

well the best way of getting rid of spywares is that you will have to use diff. diff. softwares...
my system is free from spywares and the softwares which i use to get rid of them are.......

1) spyware doctor
2) spybot
3) spyware blaster
4) Firefox
5) hosts file
6) bazooka scanner

i think if you will use these then u'll be safe from spywares.

Download and run the following applications:
--- Ad-Aware
--- Microsoft Antispyware

Together they caught well over 250 elements of spyware on my computer so they find you'rs.

Good Suggestions.

i'm just using microsoft anti spyware it's nice

Don't even speak to me about spyware. That junk gets my blood boiling so incredibly it's just ridiculous. I always have some form of protection on but something will always somehow get through and the next thing I know I have actual applications on in my system tray and what not. There are some very good programs out there that help you remove it. I find spyware doctor to be really good, give it a shot.

Use Spybot - Search&Destroy from http://www.safer-networking.org . It's the fastest way to clean spyware and adware. It also checks your registry for spyware entries. In another hand, you can use Lavasoft AdAware. It's the second powerful tool to clean: spyware, adware, tracking cookies, to shutdown bad processes and etc. Both are free. Spybot - Search&Destroy is updated rarely, but it's more functional (I think), because it has got Internet Explorer settings protection, Host files protection, And overall system settings protection. Try it!:D

I don't think Spyware S&D is the way to go at all.Try first ad-aware, then Microsoft, THEN spyware S&D if it still don't get removed.Ad-Aware is definately the best one.If S&D find an adware/spyware in your system files, it just delete the system file. So by using Spyware S&D you can wreck your computer, it have already happened to me twice.Look at the posts above for the download links

Thanks alot guys but um do i have to do what buffalo did? holy crap that sounds like a PAIN in the *bottom* if i get that lava stuff will it clean it up?? i also leave my computer on and hooked to the internet um... 24/7 ? i have dial up so i hate having to connect it each time i go on so i just leave it on good idea? people tell me ill kill my computer anyway just by leaving it on that much could those two things contribute to the mad amounts of spy ware on my comp and be shortening the life of mycomp?

I have both Ad-Aware and Spybot in my system. I believe the many of the problems have been solved, but there's always a few spyware programs that keep coming back. I'll try the Microsoft program as suggested earlier and see how that goes.

WOW thanks so much guys for the help i downloaded the lavasoft thing and updated it/ran it and it detected over 850 problems!! dealted em and i then ran it again after a reboot and found 1200+ problmes lol over 2000 pieces of crap on this thing and then after that i ran searh and destroy that found a few things as well and between those two things and norton i finnaly got this computer working great again thanks so much guys. ALso id just like to say for me its soo important because i play alot of starcraft and in competive/tournamnet matches and boy is it ever bad when your flying your drop ship over minerals about rdy to unload while moving and pop up!! omg its like worst thing that can happen so ya havent had that happen since thanks so much guys

if you want to get rid of spyware and be well protected, there is an easy way

Download hitman pro its a great piece of software that combines all good free spyware solutions like:

Ad-Aware SE 1.06

Spybot Search & Destroy 1.4

Spy Sweeper 3 en 4(trial)

Spyware Doctor 3.2(lite version)

CWShredder 2.15

SpywareBlaster 3.4 (prevents spyware from installing)

Spyware Block List (also prevention)

Sysclean Package

SuperDAT VirusScan

hitman pro is a shell around all these antispyware programs, you hit update once and all this software gets update (the same if you hit scan :D ), it takes a while to scan whole your computer, but when its finished, you can be certain your system is clean :D